6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

If Reach really does kick on from the wing it creates another selection dilemma for Carlos. He has already said FF will play mainly wide.

Great to have so many excellent options, but he needs to handle it well.

Reach can play as a wing back or left back though.  I wouldn't mind seeing both of them there.

FF and Reach on the left certainly wouldn't be the most defensive, but it may give some much needed offensive prowess, provided it doesn't get taken advantage of too much...

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

Reach can play as a wing back or left back though.  I wouldn't mind seeing both of them there.

FF and Reach on the left certainly wouldn't be the most defensive, but it may give some much needed offensive prowess, provided it doesn't get taken advantage of too much...

Lets be honest. When we played Brighton last season, how many of us were thinking "Great, lets attack down the right because that Knockaert fella is far too attacking"?

Quite the opposite. We were bricking it and bolstering our defences down that side.

If we have Reach and Fessi down the left, no oppo full-back is going to maraud down that flank is he?

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Lets be honest. When we played Brighton last season, how many of us were thinking "Great, lets attack down the right because that Knockaert fella is far too attacking"?

Quite the opposite. We were bricking it and bolstering our defences down that side.

If we have Reach and Fessi down the left, no oppo full-back is going to maraud down that flank is he?

Yes it really is as simple as that :duntmatter:

Yes.

And imo we've got to get out of the habit of being " compact", because we think teams are better/can hurt us.

Especially crap ones.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Yes.

And imo we've got to get out of the habit of being " compact", because we think teams are better/can hurt us.

Especially crap ones.

We tried to play a more expansive open game at the start of last season and it didn't produce results. 

Only when we reverted to a more compact, pragmatic approach, did we get going.

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

We tried to play a more expansive open game at the start of last season and it didn't produce results. 

Seems to get forgotten a lot when I read many last seasons reviews. 

Not sure if it was more to do with misfiring forwards though. For whatever reason (maybe my memory clouded) we just couldn't score our chances in early games last season. 

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

You do realise that I want to win games by at least 8 clear goals (6 when we're away of course ).

Guest Ash76
7 hours ago, ramone said:

Its called an opinion. If you dont like it, you dont like it but never tell me to not have one. 

If you rate him maybe i should be asking you to stop giving opinions as he's absolutely garbage

fa2d967969f45e54b06341d0e9d5b63542ebabec320cddce88d273a9b9baa425.jpg

8 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

We did and the running of Reach and Lee was key to it. When we lost Lee,  Reach was the only midfielder capable of making forward runs and it was too much for him. Played a lot games and was cream crackered before the end of the season. Looking forward to see what a midfield with the running of Reach, Lee and Boyd can do.

Also we failed to capitalise on the expansive play. We were playing really well but forwards missed chances and defence conceded soft set piece goals . Carlos must have been gutted to have to change it

9 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Had a lot of stick since he signed for us but has scored two screamers in pre-season so far hoping he can become the player we all think he can be just needs to be played in one position rather then moved around all the time hoping reach and Boyd can provide the much needed service to Rhodes he will get a hatfull with the right service 

i think he feared being left back in a defence of four when in reality his natural position is further up the pitch. Clearly given the freedom to express is natural game is paying dividends (all be it in friendlies) but even via you tube I can see the weight taken off his shoulders.

An experienced left back is required to give him freedom of the left wing imo.

27 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

We did and the running of Reach and Lee was key to it. When we lost Lee,  Reach was the only midfielder capable of making forward runs and it was too much for him. Played a lot games and was cream crackered before the end of the season. Looking forward to see what a midfield with the running of Reach, Lee and Boyd can do.

Also we failed to capitalise on the expansive play. We were playing really well but forwards missed chances and defence conceded soft set piece goals . Carlos must have been gutted to have to change it

Good post.

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Did we?

How was 3CMs, one winger, and Fessi deep expansive?

It was turgidly defensive.

Did we?

We often had FF on the left with Hooper and Fletcher up top. Sometimes Bannan/Lee in the middle. And I'm not sure how playing an attack minded midfielder like Abdi is a defensive move.

You just see what you want to see. Everyone knows that.

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Did we?

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Oh for the love of god. 

I don't get it sij.

I have disagreements with many on here.

ishsb has disagreements with everybody on here.

But when he and I disagree with each other you get all worked up. Don't worry. I am the godfather to his first-born and we share the same bible-reading group.