Our wingers this season

7 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

He played striker in our best two away performances of the season , away at Wolves and Newcastle

Coincidence. I think not.

No coincidence at all. He played 24 times as striker and you highlight two good games.

He played six times left wing and we won 4 drew 2. And we scored 15.

He and we are FAR better when he plays left.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No coincidence at all. He played 24 times as striker and you highlight two good games.

He played six times left wing and we won 4 drew 2. And we scored 15.

He and we are FAR better when he plays left.

This is my last comment on this

In my opinion his best position, as I have continually said,  is left hand side of a front 3

In my opinion he is not our best option to play as a left winger in a 442

In my opinion he will spend a lot of time on the bench this season,

Just another example of why your stats mean absolutely zilch. 

I went to Wigan on a cold wet Friday night last season, (the game was on sky so you probably saw it)

The team were absolutely woeful, FF played  as a striker at the side of Rhodes and was absolutely outstanding. He covered every bit of the pitch , tackling back, helping out a woeful midfield and an under pressure defence. He was outstanding.

We won with a Wallace fluke.

In your stats way of looking at games he gets zero credit, when it was an outstanding performance from him which won us the game.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

He started left against the Champions, Burnley last season. Really good performance and a very good 1-1.

I agree.

Goals - tick

Goals conceded - tick

Wins - tick

Great to watch - tick

You list whatever else is important and show us all why FF on the left doesn't work.

Who says it doesn't work?

I've never said he can't play there, or never should. That's not what the argument's ever been about. You're the one making ridiculous statements.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

41 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

This is my last comment on this

In my opinion his best position, as I have continually said,  is left hand side of a front 3

In my opinion he is not our best option to play as a left winger in a 442

In my opinion he will spend a lot of time on the bench this season,

Just another example of why your stats mean absolutely zilch. 

I went to Wigan on a cold wet Friday night last season, (the game was on sky so you probably saw it)

The team were absolutely woeful, FF played  as a striker at the side of Rhodes and was absolutely outstanding. He covered every bit of the pitch , tackling back, helping out a woeful midfield and an under pressure defence. He was outstanding.

We won with a Wallace fluke.

In your stats way of looking at games he gets zero credit, when it was an outstanding performance from him which won us the game.

Really surprised you picked this one. Yes we were dire. No attacking threat whatsoever. As we often have when we only play one striker.

The ideal game for FF to spark from the left, with Rhodes and Fletch up top.

3 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

It's Stobbs third contract.  He signed one at 17, one last year and got another year this summer.  At 20 if he doesn't break through this season you would think he would be on his way.  More than three years since his first team debut and he has made just one sub appearance since.  Matt Penney was doing great wide left two seasons ago but he seems to have been converted to a left back last season. Never started a game for Bradford so don't know where he would have played there!

Didn't realise - teaches me for trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about!

Yeah like you say, has to push on now. Was there for his debut but can't really remember if he was any good or not.

It's always nice to get a homegrown lad through, hope it works out for him.

13 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Didn't realise - teaches me for trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about!

Yeah like you say, has to push on now. Was there for his debut but can't really remember if he was any good or not.

It's always nice to get a homegrown lad through, hope it works out for him.

When he was 15 he was in the reserves, 17 the first team but at 20 he is no closer to the first team than 3 years ago.  Hope he gets a chance this season but it is hard to see. Getting loaned to EFL clubs is great but they can only be half or full season now.  He may be best getting a loan or two in non league ie Conference/Conference North because those can be for short periods still.  Checked the rules and he still qualifies as a youth loan (20 or under on July 1)Surprisingly he has never been on loan and has only played age group football.   Rotherham and Sheff Utd are always loaning their young players out to local non league teams for short periods but for some reason we never do.  At least he will be in the shop window if on loan and has a better chance of kickstarting his career if he doesn't make it here.

Edited by Etchesketch

Just now, gurujuan said:

Being no nearer to this team, is a little different to the one of three years ago, but all your other points are valid

Yeah I was talking about the first team in general but I see your point.  I think he needed to make a big breakthrough back then when it would have been easier to get in the team. It was the back end of the season when he came in so straight after there was a pre season and new signings to make it even more difficult.

On 7/13/2017 at 14:08, Holmowl said:

No, I would start him on the left. But I suspect you knew this before you asked me!

However, if CC has decided he isn't wanted on the left, and I suspect that is the case now we have Boyd, then 100% I would never start a match with FF striker. The other proper strikers thrive on having a proper partner. We play better, we score more and we gather more points. Proven, not a theory. 

Sorry to pull this chart our again Holmsy

But you appear to be saying that you want to bench the bloke at the left of chart ( the most goals and wins)  with the bloke to the right (the least)

And you think this will benefit the team. Ridiculous. Strange how you've concluded that the striker to the left of this chart has a negative effect on our team.

aaaCapture.JPG

43 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Sorry to pull this chart our again Holmsy

But you appear to be saying that you want to bench the bloke at the left of chart ( the most goals and wins)  with the bloke to the right (the least)

And you think this will benefit the team. Ridiculous. Strange how you've concluded that the striker to the left of this chart has a negative effect on our team.

aaaCapture.JPG

I thought the point being made is to play (not bench) Forestieri on the left wing, with two (out of Fletcher, Rhodes and Hooper) strikers?