Joe Palmer

The things we see and experience on a regular basis have not improved only got more expensive. Of course the things we don't see may have improved greatly and may well have done as we seem to be keeping within FFP.

i suppose the sole arbiter of whether he is doing his job is DC and to be honest none of us know what is long term aims are

2 hours ago, davey_wells said:

The whole point of making improvements commercially is that fans see the changes being implemented.

We've seen nothing - bar an increase in ticket prices.

What a load of nonsense...talk about having a sense of entitlement. The whole point of commercial improvements are...commercial improvements end of

3 hours ago, davey_wells said:

We've seen nothing - bar an increase in ticket prices.

Even though the ticket prices were increased a year before Joe Palmer arrived? 

My guess is he will have assessed this season, we will have contracts with suppliers so can't exactly just change things that easily, the new website is a generic one for all league clubs, looking at a few other football clubs online stores they look very similar  if not same as ours so maybe these are generic.

Stock may not be good but we maybe contracted to the supplier.

Same with the kit, it maybe designed and ready to push out but we are still contracted to Sondico at the moment and maybe they had an input into when we can release the design, if we released it before the Sondico deal ends there could be a financial penalty to pay.

After 20 years of utter tosh commercially and marketing wise, Joe Palmer's history and experience shows he gets stuff done.

A bit of patience wouldn't hurt, if only it was that simple to walk in and just change all the club over night. And I'm sure if he's not upto it then Chansiri will just move him on like he does.

There's been four pages so far on a guys job that basically none of us have seen a remit for.

The guy may be doing a brilliant job, he may be doing shocking - we don't know but as someone (I can't be bothered to re-read) alluded to on this thread, DC doesn't appear to tolerate fools gladly.    That in itself is a bit of a yardstick.

I do know one thing though, I would imagine the club shop should be a mix of high value desirable items that will sell because of the "Dad to kid" factor (Dad I need a new shirt because all my mates at school are going to get it)  and then also mix it up with the seaside naff element.    The stuff that's cheap as chips, will end up in the bin within a few weeks but you'll get it regardless because you've took your kid in, they want it, and it's cheap so it shuts them up.

One of my favourite possessions is an Owl tile.   It's never made it to a wall, it's ancient and it says "Sheffield Wednesday - Division 1" from a time when the divisions were labelled properly.   It cost pennies, and you know, you just know that some people went and bought them in the dozen because they wanted to put a few of them in the bathroom or downstairs bog.    In reality it's crap, but I love it and I have done since I stole it off my dad 25 years ago.  (he used to put his shaving kit on it, strangely enough in the bathroom)

It's not hard to get a shop kitted out with things people want, just do a quick poll.    If no one at the club is able to put together an online survey, surveymonkey is cheap enough - knock something up and get some feedback - "What kind of crap would you let SWFC sell you in the club shop that you can't currently get" !!!

This isn't a dig at Joe Palmer, because I don't know the guy or what he does for this club - it's a dig at whoever isn't progressing things who might be in charge of what I describe above.   

6 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

There's been four pages so far on a guys job that basically none of us have seen a remit for.

The guy may be doing a brilliant job, he may be doing shocking - we don't know but as someone (I can't be bothered to re-read) alluded to on this thread, DC doesn't appear to tolerate fools gladly.    That in itself is a bit of a yardstick.

I do know one thing though, I would imagine the club shop should be a mix of high value desirable items that will sell because of the "Dad to kid" factor (Dad I need a new shirt because all my mates at school are going to get it)  and then also mix it up with the seaside naff element.    The stuff that's cheap as chips, will end up in the bin within a few weeks but you'll get it regardless because you've took your kid in, they want it, and it's cheap so it shuts them up.

One of my favourite possessions is an Owl tile.   It's never made it to a wall, it's ancient and it says "Sheffield Wednesday - Division 1" from a time when the divisions were labelled properly.   It cost pennies, and you know, you just know that some people went and bought them in the dozen because they wanted to put a few of them in the bathroom or downstairs bog.    In reality it's crap, but I love it and I have done since I stole it off my dad 25 years ago.  (he used to put his shaving kit on it, strangely enough in the bathroom)

It's not hard to get a shop kitted out with things people want, just do a quick poll.    If no one at the club is able to put together an online survey, surveymonkey is cheap enough - knock something up and get some feedback - "What kind of crap would you let SWFC sell you in the club shop that you can't currently get" !!!

This isn't a dig at Joe Palmer, because I don't know the guy or what he does for this club - it's a dig at whoever isn't progressing things who might be in charge of what I describe above.   

He must pull in to the north stand car park off Penistone Road, just indicating enough to avoid the lorry up his arse missing his rear end, finding a spare space, then look at the asbestos cladded shack of a shop and think, 'I've made the big time' - that's before he steps inside to be greeted by the Johnsons' dancing picture in front of the north stand stand.

A big job yes; credentials yes - all in place to deliver.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

He must pull in to the north stand car park off Penistone Road, just indicating enough to avoid the lorry up his arse missing his rear end, finding a spare space, then look at the asbestos cladded shack of a shop and think, 'I've made the big time' - that's before he steps inside to be greeted by the Johnsons' dancing picture in front of the north stand stand.

A big job yes; credentials yes - all in place to deliver.

Given it's age, there is no chance of asbestos in that building.

3 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Given it's age, there is no chance of asbestos in that building.

It was built in the height of asbestos production and installation. The roof looks riddled with it.

7 minutes ago, Animis said:

It was built in the height of asbestos production and installation. The roof looks riddled with it.

Can't find any pictures online from the past, but I was sure that building was less then 20 years old.    

I've been wrong before though.    

13 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Can't find any pictures online from the past, but I was sure that building was less then 20 years old.    

I've been wrong before though.    

I thought it was the old sport hall:

Image result for swfc north stand gym

Guest samowl
23 hours ago, tuttuttut said:

Care to list these changes what should have been done by now? 

Sell property beer int North Stand 

Served by people who have a good understanding of English 

Employ more people thus preventing stupid queues 

Take away the contract catering malarkey. So what we sell we keep the profits from.