4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The gap between a one season older Glenn and a one season more experienced Vincent is closing. There comes a point when they cross.

I would be delighted if he re-signs. I see him very much as an improving player. Huge potential.

2 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

I think this is such a shame really. cost us nothing and will only improve. has come on immense from the season previous. great age and THE best centre back with his distribution. he deserves more and personally would rather see hutch going in defence and having sasso as back up third choice ahead of loovens and using the money elsewhere WAWAW

totally agree as I said, but be fair, some people on here talk crap for the sake of it lol

Just now, marcx666 said:

totally agree as I said, but be fair, some people on here talk crap for the sake of it lol

TBF we all talk carp from time to time.

Ive come out with some lamentable tripe in hindsight.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

TBF we all talk carp from time to time.

Ive come out with some lamentable tripe in hindsight.

aye, i know but while we all come out with crap and then are proved wrong from time to time, theres always the few who post sh*te just for the sake of it to be different and get a reaction

I think losing Sasso is a mistake. Effort should be made to bulk him up, and defensive assurance will come with experience. He improved a lot this season IMO.

If we insist on playing out through the centre-backs all the time then a player with Sasso's playmaking skills are vital to us. He is much more likely to develop his defensive skills than say, Tom Lees is to develop his passing and technique.

16 hours ago, Garryswfc said:

Well after watching him every game he's played at hillsborough this season I just think he's to lightweight, knocked off the ball way to easily going up for defensive headers, ok with his footwork, no good in the air, when they hoof it up field I cringe in my seat because he wins jack Sh*t in the air. 

Sasso has some qualities, but his big failing is that he is unpredictable. One minute a great run or goal attempt, followed by a major blunder. Good defenders dont do that and we certainly dont need that for our first choice CH

From his point of view weather if be more game time or more money i'm sure he now has the option of both from other sources across the league & Europe after a decent 2 year spell with us - even if he has largely been used as a 3rd choice.

The man probably wants stability, as all players do...what good is another 1 year deal to him anyway?

Personally i'm a big fan of Sasso, the best ball playing CB we've had in the last 10 years? Low cost, already settled in with the club, players understand him - why would we not offer him a 2 year deal and be done with it? More than happy for him to be 3rd or 4th choice CB assuming we sign another starter to play alongside Lees... Only criticism would be prone to the occasional David Luiz moment of madness & that he sometimes struggles with the physical side to the league but given the right partner wouldn't be a big issue.

Good squad player to have at our disposal, shouldn't be overlooked by the club.