iFollow

I was planning to watch this with a VPN on my phone, but it wouldn't play. It was the same with other videos though. Now I have my VPN turned off, the other videos, highlights etc now work. So is there an issue with using the app with the VPN? Are other people able to watch this on their phone using a VPN? What about a tablet? Do you have to use the app or can you watch it in Chrome? I am thinking of getting a tablet to replace my broken laptop, so it's worth knowing if it works well with a tablet. 

I then got my girlfriend's laptop and downloaded Opera browser. When I found the VPN setting, it was stuck on Conecting and never connected. So I found a free VPN, Windscribe. Finally it worked with this, but got the stuttering picture that quite a few other people got. Did people who are overseas get this too?  Perhaps its a VPN issue again? My internet speed shouldn't be an issue and adjusting the quality didn;t do anything other than adjust the quality. I still got it stuttering. I also ran out of my 2GB allowance from Windscribe as Nuhiu was coming on.

I think it's a while till I will be using this just because of the fixtures. I think Burton is not on it? But will need to try a couple of things well in advance next time.

Guest kelliesleftnut
5 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

I was planning to watch this with a VPN on my phone, but it wouldn't play. It was the same with other videos though. Now I have my VPN turned off, the other videos, highlights etc now work. So is there an issue with using the app with the VPN? Are other people able to watch this on their phone using a VPN? What about a tablet? Do you have to use the app or can you watch it in Chrome? I am thinking of getting a tablet to replace my broken laptop, so it's worth knowing if it works well with a tablet. 

I then got my girlfriend's laptop and downloaded Opera browser. When I found the VPN setting, it was stuck on Conecting and never connected. So I found a free VPN, Windscribe. Finally it worked with this, but got the stuttering picture that quite a few other people got. Did people who are overseas get this too?  Perhaps its a VPN issue again? My internet speed shouldn't be an issue and adjusting the quality didn;t do anything other than adjust the quality. I still got it stuttering. I also ran out of my 2GB allowance from Windscribe as Nuhiu was coming on.

I think it's a while till I will be using this just because of the fixtures. I think Burton is not on it? But will need to try a couple of things well in advance next time.

Posted this in another thread.

Have used Opera with the free vpn for ages, pirate bay and the like.

It was always hit and miss whether the vpn would connect, finally found if i disabled my antivirus temporarily it would connect every time.

Just so we are clear I use AVG or Avast antivirus and there is an option to 'disable for 10 minutes' then I connect to Opera.

Not sure if other antivirus software has this option but obviously its done at your own risk.

3 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

Posted this in another thread.

Have used Opera with the free vpn for ages, pirate bay and the like.

It was always hit and miss whether the vpn would connect, finally found if i disabled my antivirus temporarily it would connect every time.

Just so we are clear I use AVG or Avast antivirus and there is an option to 'disable for 10 minutes' then I connect to Opera.

Not sure if other antivirus software has this option but obviously its done at your own risk.

Use AVG and it's worked - thanks

Guest kelliesleftnut
9 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Use AVG and it's worked - thanks

To test it Rockie open Opera, make sure the vpn box is blue and type in - thepiratebay.org

if it connects you're sorted.

38 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

To test it Rockie open Opera, make sure the vpn box is blue and type in - thepiratebay.org

if it connects you're sorted.

It did connect so should be fine and am off on my hols now so will try before the Cardiff match

Guest kelliesleftnut
49 minutes ago, darra said:

Just tried it and it worked. Haven't got a clue how to use pirate bay though:picnic:

Download qtorrent Darra this will handle the magnet downloads which you will see links for above and below the description of whatever you are looking for, leave settings as they are just tell it where to save the downloads, i just made a folder c:torrents.

Before you ask click on 'top 100' then muck :rolleyes:

filter changes p o r n to muck ????? WTF

Edited by kelliesleftnut

14 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

Download qtorrent Darra this will handle the magnet downloads which you will see links for above and below the description of whatever you are looking for, leave settings as they are just tell it where to save the downloads, i just made a folder c:torrents.

Before you ask click on 'top 100' then muck :rolleyes:

sorted

thanks

Guest kelliesleftnut

Bear in mind I am no expert so this is only true in my mind, the only way the vpn could affect the quality of the video is if it is routing you from the other side of the world and giving you a p1ss poor download speed.

The free vpn in Opera is supposed to connect to the optimum connection so should be the fastest connection but remember it is free so who knows.

It may be a good idea to connect and use a speed checker to test it, google thinkbroadband and follow the speed test links.

I've just checked mine, the vpn is connected to the Netherlands and the download test says I am getting around 48mbps and my connection is 55mbps so no great loss.