Portmonense v Sheffield Wednesday

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

We've always played 2 games out in Portugal. 

Should be announced very soon, end of this week at latest. 

Hope you are right mate think we may be on the same flight 

Here's a link to the times and prices on the train :-

https://www.cp.pt/sites/passageiros/pt/consultar-horarios/horarios-resultado

As I posted earlier, prices are cheap starting at 3.35 Euros for an adult one way with unfortunately the last train back being at 20:20 and going it seems they have a bit of a siesta with only 1 direct train within a near 5 hour period after midday lol

Edited by owl-zat

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, debram said:

What second game, games on 19th and thats not even confirmed.

Well that's why I said I'm Hoping lol

It would be just my luck that we got out there Thursday and there was no friendly on the friday or saturday after missing the last two trips.

Good excuse for a long well needed weekend away with the lads though

12 minutes ago, Beavertown said:

Well that's why I said I'm Hoping lol

It would be just my luck that we got out there Thursday and there was no friendly on the friday or saturday after missing the last two trips.

Good excuse for a long well needed weekend away with the lads though

Good luck hope it all works out

Would be quite funny. Hundreds of wednesday fans out for the weekend and no game. We are going Thursday to Monday. Just hope our lass doesn't realise we won't actually be watching any footy

19 hours ago, owl-zat said:

Portmonense Is around 25 miles away from Albufiera and is linked via their railway network and from memory was very cheap although the game will finish too late for the last train back to Albufiera which means you'd need a taxi back if you've not hired a car or no doubt Alberto's Bar in Albufiera will probably arrange a coach / taxi's like last year although that would mean travelling up to arrive not too long before the game whereas making your own way up you can spend some time and have a drink in the bars / restaurants by the port around 10 minutes walk from the stadium.

There was one bar across the road from the stadium which from memory was very cheap but unfortunately no refreshments were available on the open away end which will no doubt again be hot with the evening sun beating sown on us so my advice would be to purchase some water before you enter the stadium.

It's still cheap now. Not sure on prices but you will find them here - https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/  (English version).

If you want to stay close to the ground, Portimão has a resort called Praia da Rocha (Beach of (the) Rock) and there is plenty going on there in the summer. Loads of bars, and clubs and places to eat. A little further away is Lagos, a town I know very well although you will probably need to rent an apartment, and you may just find this the cheapest option is there is a group of you.

If anyone wants any advice on airport transfers or ways of finding apartments (or anything else) just PM me and I will try and help. I don't know Albufeira that well as my place is in Praia da Luz to the west of the Algarve, but I know Lagos like the back of my hand and Portimão very well too.

9 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

It's still cheap now. Not sure on prices but you will find them here - https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/  (English version).

If you want to stay close to the ground, Portimão has a resort called Praia da Rocha (Beach of (the) Rock) and there is plenty going on there in the summer. Loads of bars, and clubs and places to eat. A little further away is Lagos, a town I know very well although you will probably need to rent an apartment, and you may just find this the cheapest option is there is a group of you.

If anyone wants any advice on airport transfers or ways of finding apartments (or anything else) just PM me and I will try and help. I don't know Albufeira that well as my place is in Praia da Luz to the west of the Algarve, but I know Lagos like the back of my hand and Portimão very well too.

To save all the hassle as such.

Can we all stay with you?

:stuwinky:

Guest Ferkorf
12 hours ago, dazaston said:

4 of us flying from East Midlands on the 18th for 3 nights with Ryanair through travel republic all in cost £568.

Thats not too bad that. 

Its cost us £700 for two of us but thats 4 nights thursday till monday and the digs are pretty decent too.

Think cheapest I saw it was about 190 pp for flights and hotel for 4 nights thur to mon, that was for a really poor looking hotel and early morning flights but I would have gone for that if I was a bit skint

Guest Ferkorf
12 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We'll play someone Friday night or Saturday I'd say, we won't be returning until Sunday so it makes sense if they did

Yes thats my thinking, hopefully confirmed by the headline yesterday 'The Owls first confirmed game in Portugal'

First being the key word in that sentence. Although it would be my luck to get out there for the first year and not see a game but the Mrs doesn't need to know that lol

3 minutes ago, Beavertown said:

Yes thats my thinking, hopefully confirmed by the headline yesterday 'The Owls first confirmed game in Portugal'

First being the key word in that sentence. Although it would be my luck to get out there for the first year and not see a game but the Mrs doesn't need to know that lol

My Mrs reckons there's no point going if there's no game to see. :tango:

Guest Ferkorf

When I first mentioned it to the Mrs I mentioned the full week.

She started looking online for flights and hotels.

She gave me the prices, I thought thats a bit expensive then I noticed she added herself and the child on.

I had to correct her mistake.

lol

39 minutes ago, Beavertown said:

Thats not too bad that. 

Its cost us £700 for two of us but thats 4 nights thursday till monday and the digs are pretty decent too.

Think cheapest I saw it was about 190 pp for flights and hotel for 4 nights thur to mon, that was for a really poor looking hotel and early morning flights but I would have gone for that if I was a bit skint

I would have gone for something better but the missus is not coming & we are off to Gran Canaria 12 days after we get back