Tom Ince

20 minutes ago, unkastav said:

So much that they have offered £4m for hanley

Yes it's called balancing the books , sell one asset to bring in others.

Ince out for 8-10 million. 

Hanley in for 4 million and keep within FFP 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

This guy

I thought he was a handful against us this year. Not sure you can tell too much from videos but someone who can attack with pace from deep and open up space like this is just what we need. On his day Nando does this when played wide. Nando and Robinson playing either side of Hoops would be exciting. 

The problem with us Wednesdyites is that we cannot totally excorcise the ghost of Dave Richards chairmanship of our club. Whenever we signed a player he borrowed the transfer fee from the bank, DC has the funds without endangering the stability of the club, if he and Carlos want to sign Ince then the money is not a problem if he adds value to the squad, our days of being a skint member are over.

23 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He went from Hull to Derby two and a half seasons ago for £5.8m.

Derby have played 110 league matches since he signed.

Ince has played 105 of them.

Missed 3 thru injury. Not picked or rested twice.

1st Season - 11 goals in 18 games

2nd Season - 12 goals in 42 games

3rd Season - 15 goals in 45 games

17 assists too

I'm intrigued as to why some of us think he should come to us for around the same cost as Abdi or Reach.

Prices have gone crazy since early 2015 when he last moved. He must be worth in excess of ten million in today's market.

I also love how we'd rather have a 'consistent' winger I.e. Never scores - than an 'inconsistent' winger I.e. Scored some matches doesn't score in others lol

12 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I also love how we'd rather have a 'consistent' winger I.e. Never scores - than an 'inconsistent' winger I.e. Scored some matches doesn't score in others lol

Would our fans have the patience through his quiet spells?

Last season

7 in 7

3 in 4

Large portions of the season without scoring (story of my life)

2015/16

3 in 3

5 in 5

Large portions without scoring 

2014/15

5 in 3

4 in 3

Short spells without scoring

Rhodes has been similar most of his career. Quiet spells, sometimes long ones, then bang bang bang.

I sometimes think that when fans see that a player scores every other game (Rhodes), or one in three (Ince), they expect it to be like clockwork. Anyone who has ever played or even watched football should know that a player's goals come in clumps. Confidence and expectation are remarkably important assets in footie.

Edited by Holmowl

Can't believe some  don't want a pacy , skillful winger who scored 15 Champiosnhip goals last season and bundles of assists.

Yes, costly but gotta feeling he has a reasonable release clause in his contract , hence speculation last Summer and this.