Total write off

Guest Deleted member

19 minutes ago, Almat said:

Yes, that's one of the real indictments of CC's management this season. He almost got given his best team on a plate due to injuries. His favourites regain fitness and it's back to square pegs in round holes. A top quality (championship!) manager would have got autos with this squad. 

Seeing as you are doing the finger pointing. Let's have it point your finger at the manager that is available and  has a 52% win record on ? 

9 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Seeing as you are doing the finger pointing. Let's have it point your finger at the manager that is available and  has a 52% win record on ? 

You're living in the Wednesday past, the job at the moment is a dream one so why would we limit ourselves to those who are 'available'? I'm assuming you mean out of work? That's the Wednesday of the last 15 years, we don't need to be so modest now. There are, I'm sure, some very good managers currently in work who would be very tempted by the Wednesday job. They just need tapping up. We all know it happens.

But if you must insist on currently out of work managers Pardew would have got this squad playing to its proper strengths, like him as a person or not (which is seemingly one of the criteria used for choosing a manager, bizarrely). Which, when you consider the fact we've in the past worshipped a self-confessed fascist at the club makes it seem even odder...

Edited by Almat

11 minutes ago, Almat said:

You're living in the Wednesday past, the job at the moment is a dream one so why would we limit ourselves to those who are 'available'? I'm assuming you mean out of work? That's the Wednesday of the last 15 years, we don't need to be so modest now. There are, I'm sure, some very good managers currently in work who would be very tempted by the Wednesday job. They just need tapping up. We all know it happens.

But if you must insist on currently out of work managers Pardew would have got this squad playing to its proper strengths, like him as a person or not (which is seemingly one of the criteria used for choosing a manager, bizarrely). Which, when you consider the fact we've in the past worshipped a self-confessed fascist at the club makes it seem even odder...

Explain who is the team, top down, that has taken us from modest to brash :tango: can't get my breath !

Let it pan out for 4 or 5 years. 

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Explain who is the team, top down, that has taken us from modest to brash :tango: can't get my breath !

Let it pan out for 4 or 5 years. 

In English now, please. 

16 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

You mean the season where we finished higher, more points, same clean sheets...like a disastrous season of unheard proportion   lol 

No.......................a season where i think we progressed, and so we should with the money we had at our disposal , but due to a combination of injuries AND Carlos`s stubborn attitude toward team selection it was a season where we could and should IMHO have done better.

Its not a witch hunt, its an opinion.

Edited by sheriwozgod

9 hours ago, Almat said:

Pardew 

lol

3rd Man, but isn't that the point, we don't have a manager just a Head Coach which suggests he's not resposnible for recruitment.

We have spent over £20 million on fees this season and he  starts with none of em this week.

Then  publicly trashes the big buy whose Dad's on his coaching staff.

So maybe someone else signed Rhodes. Winnals' easier, - he was cheap and we either play him or trade on for a profit later.

Can't disagree with anything you said Grandad.

Largely been a positive and pleasing season. Just had a sad ending that's all.

More of the same, with only a slight improvement to the squad, and our luck = promotion.