Anyone that has ever slated Hooper...

Thought he was crap last night, have I missed summat?

If thats 100% genuine what you think then you are looking at the wrong things in the game.

Taking him off to save him shows just how much the club rate him and appreciate his contribution. 

For forward link up play hooper is as good as this division gets.

Edited by benni8

I'm confused about what's going on here and I genuinely think I may have watched a different game to everyone else?

Whoscored.com with their rating system has him as our worst performer in the starting 11, he had the fewest touches of anyone in the starting 11 (although that's fair as he got subbed off first), he had the fewest passes of anyone in the starting 11 and the fourth lowest passing accuracy, he had no shots... what did he do?

I know I've slated him about his fitness (continuously) but I've also been fair and said I think he's a decent player when up to full fitness, both in terms of linkup and of course his insanely prolific goalscoring record... but that said I didn't really see anything from him last night. For all those saying "It's the same posters criticising him regardless", I'd maybe ask yourselves if you're not just as blinkered as praising him for turning up on the night. Sure he wasn't abject (and I wouldn't even agree with whoscored.com's rating and conclude he was our worst player... see every time I ever bring up a rating system for how I only consider it a bit of a guideline), but I fail to see how he was anything other than "meh" last night. No doubt he'll be more than that when he gets back up to full fitness, it just depends when that is

Guest RocketOwl

To the people who are saying he is crap or did not play well.

Do you not realise Hooper is important because he drifts into space, which a)allows our midfield and centre backs an option of a pass to feet b)whilst then leaving space for other players.

He also has a good first touch but as stated whilst he was injured Hooper knows what he is going to do with the ball and what is around him before he even receives it. 

Hooper is the cog that allows players like Wallace and Bannan to play better. They have an option of a one two all of a sudden.

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

To the people who are saying he is crap or did not play well.

Do you not realise Hooper is important because he drifts into space, which a)allows our midfield and centre backs an option of a pass to feet b)whilst then leaving space for other players.

He also has a good first touch but as stated whilst he was injured Hooper knows what he is going to do with the ball and what is around him before he even receives it. 

Hooper is the cog that allows players like Wallace and Bannan to play better. They have an option of a one two all of a sudden.

Sounds like me when I used to play. Always knew where everyone was, what runs they'd make etc. Knew what I was going to do with the ball before I received it.

If only everyone on hear understood the game Rocket.

Want to know about football. Go back and watch Liverpool in the 70s and 80s. It's not a complicated game. Pass, run to find space, receive the ball and pass to someone in space, run to find space again. When there's a shot on, shoot. Simples.

Guest RocketOwl
23 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm confused about what's going on here and I genuinely think I may have watched a different game to everyone else?

Whoscored.com with their rating system has him as our worst performer in the starting 11, he had the fewest touches of anyone in the starting 11 (although that's fair as he got subbed off first), he had the fewest passes of anyone in the starting 11 and the fourth lowest passing accuracy, he had no shots... what did he do?

I know I've slated him about his fitness (continuously) but I've also been fair and said I think he's a decent player when up to full fitness, both in terms of linkup and of course his insanely prolific goalscoring record... but that said I didn't really see anything from him last night. For all those saying "It's the same posters criticising him regardless", I'd maybe ask yourselves if you're not just as blinkered as praising him for turning up on the night. Sure he wasn't abject (and I wouldn't even agree with whoscored.com's rating and conclude he was our worst player... see every time I ever bring up a rating system for how I only consider it a bit of a guideline), but I fail to see how he was anything other than "meh" last night. No doubt he'll be more than that when he gets back up to full fitness, it just depends when that is

If you cannot see the difference Hooper made last night, I suggest you get back to the books,

3 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

If you cannot see the difference Hooper made last night, I suggest you get back to the books,

What difference?

It was a performance very similar to many others this season. We just took a couple of chances. 

Hooper's a very good player. When he's on form there aren't many as technically strong and intelligent in the league. 

But (like everyone else) he doesn't play well and positively impact a game every week. He often has very little impact, like last night. He wasn't poor, he just didn't do much. 

Those who think he played well and actually made a real difference are very easily impressed imo.

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

What difference?

It was a performance very similar to many others this season. We just took a couple of chances. 

Hooper's a very good player. When he's on form there aren't many as technically strong and intelligent in the league. 

But (like everyone else) he doesn't play well and positively impact a game every week. He often has very little impact, like last night. He wasn't poor, he just didn't do much. 

Those who think he played well and actually made a real difference are very easily impressed imo.

The main difference mate is we won a game and actually started playing one touch football and flicks for the first time in ages. Hooper is hard to mark, he drifts to different positions creating space for others and himself. He is one step ahead of most players. If you cannot see that I am afraid I am wasting my breath.

3 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

The main difference mate is we won a game and actually started playing one touch football and flicks for the first time in ages. Hooper is hard to mark, he drifts to different positions creating space for others and himself. He is one step ahead of most players. If you cannot see that I am afraid I am wasting my breath.

Every game this season we've had spells of decent football.

Considering the dreadful opposition, there was no noticeable difference in our performance. Certainly nothing as result of Hooper's inclusion. 

He had his moments, and on his day (which wasn't last night) he does all the things you give him credit for. You're just easily impressed if you think he played well and made a difference last night mate.

Guest RocketOwl
4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Every game this season we've had spells of decent football.

Considering the dreadful opposition, there was no noticeable difference in our performance. Certainly nothing as result of Hooper's inclusion. 

He had his moments, and on his day (which wasn't last night) he does all the things you give him credit for. You're just easily impressed if you think he played well and made a difference last night mate.

The quality of opposition is not a factor, we have lost against these types of teams before.

Whilst the performance on a whole was not brilliant, some of our attacking link up was a step in the right direction and Hooper had a big part to play in this.