Enjoyed that

23 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Proper game. I felt we'd have been hard done by had we lost, knew Winnall would score but happy to take that on the chin considering the late equaliser. 

Best of luck scrapping for 6th. 

It was a fair result on the balance of play. You probably owed us a late goal after the winner at Hillsborough a few years ago (and Di Caneo's winner in the Prem back in the day).  You probably didn't want to be reminded. Anyway, always enjoyed a trip up to your place. Good luck with it all. Let's hope we can bring Premiership football back to South Yorks next year. It's a tough one but we're still in it.  And I always enjoy you lot beating the pigs. 

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I'd say Barnsley shaded it but the draw was the right result. We were dreadful first half and should have been punished, controlled the second half until it all fell apart 

in injury time and frankly Barnsley should have scored a second, we were very lucky to get away with that double chance at the end. MacDonald and Roberts were

both absolutely superb, didn't give us a sniff all afternoon.

I thought we edged the game save for a brief period after the Winnall goal. But it was poor quality in the main. 

2 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

It was a fair result on the balance of play. You probably owed us a late goal after the winner at Hillsborough a few years ago (and Di Caneo's winner in the Prem back in the day).  You probably didn't want to be reminded. Anyway, always enjoyed a trip up to your place. Good luck with it all. Let's hope we can bring Premiership football back to South Yorks next year. It's a tough one but we're still in it.  And I always enjoy you lot beating the pigs. 

You never know. Anything can happen at this stage of the season, look how we made it up last season, playoffs on the last day by beating the Champions. And once in the playoffs it's a lottery. 

Looking forward to dem blavdes coming up. We actually get the odd win against that lot!

7 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

You never know. Anything can happen at this stage of the season, look how we made it up last season, playoffs on the last day by beating the Champions. And once in the playoffs it's a lottery. 

Looking forward to dem blavdes coming up. We actually get the odd win against that lot!

You never know. We've badly underperformed and it might just come together at the right time.  BFC deserves a huge credit for what it did last year, not just going up in dramatic style but developing a team of great players from nothing. Your performances this year with that team have shown how good those players are. 

33 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

Isn't it funny how both Rotherham and Barnsley now want to be part of the pig jibes .

Had that on twitter yesterday, Barnsley fans calling me a pig etc....

Asked them why they replying to me when the Blades hadn't played Saturday. 

Went on to say he was a Barnsley fan, so I asked him why he calling me a pig.

He just kept saying that's because all Wendy are pigs.

Right OK, so its banter between owls and Blades calling each other pigs, what it got to do with you as a Barnsley fan?

Why do you need to try and jump on the blades and owls banter between each other?

Why can you not create a rivalry with another club? 

You calling us pigs just makes you look desperate and its funny.

So why are you calling us pigs?

He didn't have a reply and blocked me. 

I don't think he expected a response.

lol

14 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

Had that on twitter yesterday, Barnsley fans calling me a pig etc....

Asked them why they replying to me when the Blades hadn't played Saturday. 

Went on to say he was a Barnsley fan, so I asked him why he calling me a pig.

He just kept saying that's because all Wendy are pigs.

Right OK, so its banter between owls and Blades calling each other pigs, what it got to do with you as a Barnsley fan?

Why do you need to try and jump on the blades and owls banter between each other?

Why can you not create a rivalry with another club? 

You calling us pigs just makes you look desperate and its funny.

So why are you calling us pigs?

He didn't have a reply and blocked me. 

I don't think he expected a response.

lol

Barnsley Rotherham Doncaster mean absolutely nothing to me in the slightest.

4 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

I thought we edged the game save for a brief period after the Winnall goal. But it was poor quality in the main. 

Honestly your second sentence is the important bit - I'm not knocking you, you've had a good season and have some cracking young players, but against a better side we would have been down by 2 or 3 at the break, because we were dreadful. It felt like you were below par as well, a proper performance like the one you had at home against Leeds and you would have hammered us.

Guest Grez Bez

Funny game football

You can be terrible all game and end up delighted because you score last minute to draw wheras the other team are gutted for the same result...

not saying Tarn were terrible btw, a draw was more than fair. 

3 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Honestly your second sentence is the important bit - I'm not knocking you, you've had a good season and have some cracking young players, but against a better side we would have been down by 2 or 3 at the break, because we were dreadful. It felt like you were below par as well, a proper performance like the one you had at home against Leeds and you would have hammered us.

We're a genuine mid-table side. Too good for the drop, but not enough killer quality to trouble the other end. But I'd have taken this scenario had it been offered in pre-season. It's whether it's able to be built upon next term that's the key. We shall see.

10 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

We're a genuine mid-table side. Too good for the drop, but not enough killer quality to trouble the other end. But I'd have taken this scenario had it been offered in pre-season. It's whether it's able to be built upon next term that's the key. We shall see.

unlikely if you keep selling your best players ....it's always the  problem for poorly supported clubs and sooner or later they pay the price and struggle with the inevitable relegation not to far down the line .....

45 minutes ago, torryowl said:

unlikely if you keep selling your best players ....it's always the  problem for poorly supported clubs and sooner or later they pay the price and struggle with the inevitable relegation not to far down the line .....

You're a wicked man Torry.