International Watch

21 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

Won 5-3 on pens. 

That's right

Ivory Coast rightfully awarded a penalty in time added on and scored to finish the game 1-1

So relieved England won the shoot out - otherwise Young Judd's first half penalty miss would probably have cost us the trophy

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Poor game by us, great free kicks for the jocks, had that intense derby feel about it, rarely goes to form when it's like that.

We top the group though, onwards!

Had to laugh at the atmosphere after Scotland scored

Strike a match and the whole stadium would've gone up!

2 hours ago, torres said:

Wednesday and England couldn't be more similar!

Players shoe horned into wrong positions 

Slow build up 

Give away stupid free kicks all the time 

Don't finish teams off when on top 

Good support 

Give me a headache 

Unfortunately, I was thinking exactly the same :duntmatter:

Kind of hope Martin O'Neill has a rare moment of clarity and picks Keiren Westwood to start v Austria (h)  ko 5pm

But I won't tell a lie, MY interest will be centred on Kosovo v Turkey  ko 7.45pm

Atdhe Nuhiu is bound to play a part in that one and if there's a stream out there I'll find it!   :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Why didnt tammy abraham play ? 

In the under 21 world cup final that is

Firstly it's the u20's World Cup final 

Secondly he's in the U21 squad that start their tournament on Friday 

There are two more tournaments coming up.European U 19 and European U 21 Championships. It can get confusing keeping track of who is playing for which team as a lot play a year or two above their age. Tammy Abraham for example could have played for the U20 World Cup winners but he is with U 21 squad.

2 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

There are two more tournaments coming up.European U 19 and European U 21 Championships. It can get confusing keeping track of who is playing for which team as a lot play a year or two above their age. Tammy Abraham for example could have played for the U20 World Cup winners but he is with U 21 squad.

Yea hes 19 thats why i asked ,but if they knew they had enough fire power no suprise and i think they expect big things of him and england in the next couple of years

I'm always cautious about when young sides win anything whether it be this or FA Youth Cups etc.  You always see the 'whatever happened to...' articles where one or two have made it and they compare with the others who are often plying their trade in non league and working.  In this U20 squad I always fear for the Chelsea boys as they don't seem to have a prayer of making it properly there.  They dominate the Youth Cup and all these recent squads at tournaments have Chelsea players, but since John Terry nobody has become a proper first team regular

Been reading up and the last time we did well at the World U 20 was 1993 when we got to the semis.  Our very own Chris Bart Williams was in the squad. Interesting at that point he had played nearly two three seasons of first team football at that stage for us and Orient before.  Out of the 93 squad Barmby, Butt, Alan Thompson and David Unsworth played for the full England side with the latter two just getting the one cap. A lot had good club careers though-Joachim, Bart Williams, Pollock, Caskey,and future Owl Steve Watson. Keeper was David Watson who was doing really well but had to retire with injury.  A few of the others just faded away.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/englands-1993-world-youth-championship-10582524