A way to listen to BBC Radio Sheffield outside of Sheff

3 minutes ago, BathgateBob said:

It wasn't a dig by the way, genuine question as seems a few of us can't get it.

Not a dig back mate. Just gone onto.the website from my phone. I've been listening since 6 and it carried on. Sorry if you aren't getting it for you. 

I also live in the Lincoln area and can get Radio Sheffield in 2 ways one is in the car on the Radio. Don't know why but it is much better reception in the car than on the 'wireless' in the house. If i were to tell you that i live very close to waddo that might give you an idea where best to sit for signal. The other option that won't get you arested for unusual activity near MOD property is to try the radio option on free view TV. Channel 734 has radio Sheffield on it and i am currently listening to the game via that method. ....Pope's dead whilst i was writing war and peace someone else mentioned 734.

Edited by Prutton Away

16 minutes ago, Cobblebox said:

Not a dig back mate. Just gone onto.the website from my phone. I've been listening since 6 and it carried on. Sorry if you aren't getting it for you. 

Don't know how you get that..No commentary ever on the website for me.Gives contractual message on a loop

54 minutes ago, Jarvy said:

Doesn't work? How so? I was considering buying Wednesday Player.

A lot of people say they have problems with it. 

I personally have never had an issue with it and I use it every game I don't go to or watch on tv.

Well worth the money if you can't get to games very often 

2 hours ago, Jarvy said:

I've got excellent internet here so that's not a problem!

I realise it's a lot to ask, but perhaps someone trusting could allow me to log into their Player account to share it tonight. That way i could try it out tonight without wasting a fiver if it's poo . I'm only a student so hesitant to spend 6 quid!

Thanks for all the replies.

Can't have multi logins to player jarvy so wouldn't work. Was listening to radio Sheffield driving over pelham bridge tonight BTW.

Edited by darra

2 hours ago, Prutton Away said:

I also live in the Lincoln area and can get Radio Sheffield in 2 ways one is in the car on the Radio. Don't know why but it is much better reception in the car than on the 'wireless' in the house. If i were to tell you that i live very close to waddo that might give you an idea where best to sit for signal. The other option that won't get you arested for unusual activity near MOD property is to try the radio option on free view TV. Channel 734 has radio Sheffield on it and i am currently listening to the game via that method. ....Pope's dead whilst i was writing war and peace someone else mentioned 734.

Can listen to radio Sheffield on the car radio in and around  Lincoln but can I buggery listen to 5 live? No I cannot.

2 hours ago, tuttuttut said:

I'm in bridlington and get radio Sheffield on free view channels radio on TV it also plays the matches and doesn't cut out for contractual reasons.

Try that? I also get radio Nottingham etc... For some weird reason.

same here in mablethorpe