Lees and Loovens

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

But this is great news though. 

Going into game thinking it couldn't have been Pudil and Semedo this is good.

Semedo will be on the bench as cover if either dont make it through the game 

Just now, BenitoCarbone said:
1 hour ago, davidhirst1867 said:

Sasso is pretty decent on the ball but gets caught out of position and loses  concentration too easily

Excactly the same words I heard about myself, when I was playing

Is your name Sasso too?

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Great news.

But some balance on Sasso....

In the 10 matches he has played we conceded 8.

In the 27 he sat out we conceded 29.

Slightly better record when he plays.

Add to that, he has scored two. His bullet header v Wolves was only kept out by a top quality save. His brave header at Villa was about to make it one-nil before the flag. And which away game was it that he dribbled through to set up one of the goals? That's tremendous for a defender in only ten matches.

I think he has the potential to be one of the very best defenders around. Tall, athletic, fast and physical. Two good feet, and an eye for a pass. Always looks to play forward too.

I agree on some points & certainly don't think he's as bad as some make out. Needs to get in the gym & put some muscle on though as he just seems too lightweight.

But to throw in some more stats... we are currently on 7 games in a row where we have conceded. If we concede tonight that is 8 games in a row & our worst run since May 2014. Before Lees was injured we were all thinking we'd break our record for clean sheets this season.

2 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

Just hope we're not rushing Tom Lee's back because of the current situation and he suffers a setback, we really don't need that at this stage.

I think the fact we've got 2 weeks off after tonight, will have influenced the decision to risk them both

I felt there were one or more contenders who CC didn't want Reading preparing for.

I even considered that Lees and Loovens were not fit and that he didn't want them practicing set pieces to expose a weak cb pairing.

Edited by OxonOwl

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Great news.

Add to that, he has scored two. His bullet header v Wolves was only kept out by a top quality save. His brave header at Villa was about to make it one-nil before the flag. And which away game was it that he dribbled through to set up one of the goals? That's tremendous for a defender in only ten matches.

I think he has the potential to be one of the very best defenders around. Tall, athletic, fast and physical. Two good feet, and an eye for a pass. Always looks to play forward too.

There are some mad stats on here, shows how they can be used to say anything. We were odds on for another 17 clean sheets until recently and we haven't looked as good since Lees was out. He had a hand in a few of the goals conceded. Forest, Leeds spring to mind and I think he's got away with a couple of other mad slice/duck moments Wigan, Birmingham, Leeds again. Plus a sending off.

Having said that I agree he is good going forward and a good goal threat but I think he's an upgraded version of reda. Will score goals but not necessarily as reliable at the back as others, but young enough to improve.

I wonder if Lees is fully fit though. I suspect we will be rushing him back.

Edited by Bluesteel

I'd like to see Sasso given a bit of coaching and u23 game experience at right back.  Good attributes -  pace, good distribution and could get away with a few mistakes (probably less than Hunt makes).

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Great news.

Good post HO....