We are depressing not the team

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 08:31, wednesdayok said:

We are a bunch of morons if you think about it, every thing the club has done good or bad over the last 2 years has been met with a barrage of critics, we win we moan, we lose we groan, individual players being singled out with insults on here cos they did wrong somewhere, well if i was a player reading some stuff we come out with, i would tell us to f@@k ourselves, and ask for a move elsewhere, social media is the ruin of mankind, and we all can shove twitter and facebook where the sun dont shine. Get some positive threads going before we fall flat on our faces

I would not have joined Owlstalk if everyone agreed with each other. Not a single game will ever take place where some level of criticism isn't welcome. No one has ever played the perfect game. Seen more criticism on here this season probably because fans aren't as happy as they were last season, it's not rocket science to say that we are probably therefore not looking as good. Criticism isn't random, they haven't all got bored of being happy either. Something has caused the increased negativity and there are a number of reasons why.

You don't ignore the things that are going wrong, you address them even when you are happy with the outcome, which for many, currently being in 6th is a good outcome. We could be so much better than 6th, how can we do that? That is the question the critics are trying to answer.

Not saying we wont get promoted, just that we are making it look very difficult despite being in 6th. Still support the team though and I'm sorry if that is unsettling for people.

Just now, OutspokenTom said:

I would not have joined Owlstalk if everyone agreed with each other. Not a single game will ever take place where some level of criticism isn't welcome. No one has ever played the perfect game. Seen more criticism on here this season probably because fans aren't as happy as they were last season, it's not rocket science to say that we are probably therefore not looking as good. Criticism isn't random, they haven't all got bored of being happy either. Something has caused the increased negativity and there are a number of reasons why.

You don't ignore the things that are going wrong, you address them even when you are happy with the outcome, which for many, currently being in 6th is a good outcome. We could be so much better than 6th, how can we do that? That is the question the critics are trying to answer.

Not saying we wont get promoted, just that we are making it look very difficult despite being in 6th. Still support the team though and I'm sorry if that is unsettling for people.

Or alternatively we could all be positive purely for the sake of it despite whether or not we believe in it.

I look forward to all the threads titled 'Aren't we magnificent' , everyone gets a million reputations for saying something positive and the idea of a forum to debate in is completely lost on the outside world

6 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

Or alternatively we could all be positive purely for the sake of it despite whether or not we believe in it.

I look forward to all the threads titled 'Aren't we magnificent' , everyone gets a million reputations for saying something positive and the idea of a forum to debate in is completely lost on the outside world

Dunno how long you have been on here, but there are probably equally as many who collect neg points mate...both are akin to bottling fog....

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Dunno how long you have been on here, but there are probably equally as many who collect neg points mate...both are akin to bottling fog....

I've not been very long on here. 

I don't see this as being as black and white as people make out. Ok, there are some posts that are clearly wind ups, probably to get a reaction but them aside I don't see a lot of real negativity, just a lot of questions posed. These people are being labelled as negative traitors by some and any hint of negativity is rolled into one and written off.

My point is, being blindly positive in posts is just as pointless as those negative posts that are easily brushed aside. Be good to see some more rounded views from everyone that is all. It's becoming as divisive as bleeding Brexit and fans are falling out for no reason whatsoever.

Had a quick think for perspective about depressing things and getting up at 6am in the winter cold n dark n cycling to work can be pretty depressing like most of our performances, but which is worse?

I always look forward to the game for some daft reason n its usually same turgid negative stuff with our 'wingers' usually being wallace n reach for example.

The cycling however helps keep me fit and spring is always a guaranteed big improvement, whereas i cant ever see a proper winger in macca ever getting a start or cc changing his mentality of trying to scrape by on ugly wins, so wedneday are more depressing hands down lol 

If we went up all is forgiven and cc would probably be better in prem setting up for draws etc, but just cant see promotion unless more is got out of resources at his disposal

On 2017-2-26 at 13:15, Turkey_BHA said:

I think some of you need to keep calm. You don't need to be in red hot form right now. It's generally unsustainable by definition. 

Beat Newcastle at home in April with a convincing performance and suddenly that'll be the shot in the arm you need at the perfect time. Finish the season strongly with a buzz around the team. 

lol

On 03/03/2017 at 19:07, OutspokenTom said:

Indeed. That would be the end of Owlstalk.

Owlstalk is built on sillyness, extreme views and mass overreaction. It's one of the reasons it's such an important part of so many Wednesdayites digital makeup. Anybody bleating for cultlike positivity needs to be careful what they wish for.

32 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Owlstalk is built on sillyness, extreme views and mass overreaction. It's one of the reasons it's such an important part of so many Wednesdayites digital makeup. Anybody bleating for cultlike positivity needs to be careful what they wish for.

Agreed up to that first bit, but I'm not sure the extreme views and regular overreactions are what bring most people to Owlstalk. I'd hazard a guess that it actually drives a lot of people away.

Anyone calling for a removal of criticism from the website is being quite silly, but there doesn't seem to be any denying the fact that, even as you yourself say, overreactions are commonplace on here. By their very definition, overreactions are needlessly over the top and contribute little besides creating division between fans. It's what you'd expect a rival fan to be doing, stirring things up on an opponent's board, not what Wednesdayites should be doing to each other.