Sam Hutchinson

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I've been saying for yonks he should play CB to avoid injuries. If he can stay as fit as he has this season, then there is no doubt that CDM is his best position. Looked like a player that belongs in a top 6 Prem side. Phenomenal, just phenomenal

He played DM last season and stayed fit so not sure why you wanted him at CB just to stay fit, it's pretty clear he's a better DM than CB, and this season shows that. He only missed games last season through illness, think he went off injured away against Brum last season but generally stayed healthy. When we first had him on loan he got injured a couple of times but generally since that has been injury free, although I'm sure we all have our hearts in our mouth every time he does go down because of his past. 

He's a good CB, but he's an absolute quality quality DM and should never be moved from that position as long as we have other fit CB's on the books. He has a real football brain underneath that sexy head of hair, understands the DM role almost flawlessly. 

Immense player. 

2 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Current contract runs out at end of next season. But he said he wants to sign a long term contract at Wednesday and end his career with them. So get your cheque book out DC.

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm not going to say "you're wrong", just that "you're in for a pleasant surprise (11 months ago)" lol 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35324262

Hutch's contract expires summer 2018, so yes his contract does run out the end of next season as owl 44 said. 

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sam-hutchinson-signs-new-deal-with-sheffield-wednesday-1-7678477

He's good enough to play for England.  

Maybe not good enough for Iceland, but definitely England.  

In fact he's the sort of character and leader that England are crying out for in an era of overrated self absorbed show ponies like Sterling.

He's tough, plays with immense pride and passion, loves the club and fans and just enjoys the game.  He's a throwback to a bygone era compared to many of the aloof Prima Donna's of today.

Imo our best player since the 90s.

And yes, I'd let him shag my wife.  In fact I'd probably even wanna watch.

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Sensational. 

The lads a throwback to combative, all action midfielders of the past. 

Exactly. He reminds me of Norman Hunter who I disliked at the time cos he was central to Revie's "dirty Leeds", but secretly you wished he was playing for you.

6 hours ago, RichieB said:

Hutch's contract expires summer 2018, so yes his contract does run out the end of next season as owl 44 said. 

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sam-hutchinson-signs-new-deal-with-sheffield-wednesday-1-7678477

I read that as "runs out at the end of this season"

Clearly too punch-drunk on Hutch-love! My bad Owl-44, apologies