Sam Hutchinson

Absolutely sensational tonight in every single way, just like he has been for so long now.

If Eric Dier is England's starter in that position then something has gone wrong as I wouldn't swap dier and 10 million for Hutchinson. 

Extraordiary footballer, god knows how screwed we are if he gets injured or bought by someone. So far above everyone else on the pitch it was scary. 

Sensational. Best outfield player tonight by a mile. Oozes so much passion for us. I'd bloody love him to take us up as captain. 

This season seems different from him, he almost looks a level up from last season, minus the complete stupidity in tackles. 

Like others have said, he's Prem level if not for the injuries. 

59 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Incredible again tonight.

Just trying to find out if he has signed a new deal? Anyone know when his contract runs out?

Current contract runs out at end of next season. But he said he wants to sign a long term contract at Wednesday and end his career with them. So get your cheque book out DC.

5 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Current contract runs out at end of next season. But he said he wants to sign a long term contract at Wednesday and end his career with them. So get your cheque book out DC.

I'm not going to say "you're wrong", just that "you're in for a pleasant surprise (11 months ago)" lol 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35324262

18 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but some on his long range passing is absolutely sublime. 

The ball today the created the Palmer chance was sensational.

Always had it in his locker, playing in the centre allows him more ball time which brings us treats like todays game.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Reckon a Premier League club may try and sign him in January, pray to god they're put off by his injury history. 

Quite simply England quality.

Even if they did i couldn't see any bids coming in above £3million+ for a  27 year old CDM, with limited playing time in recent years and a bad history of serious knee injuries. Not that price is a factor anyway, because for me he is irreplaceable in our team right now, would not sell period.

But I honestly could not see him leaving. Listening to his interviews it sounds like he really does love the club, I get all players can say that... but without sounding like a teenage romcom, WHEN HE SAYS IT, I THINK HE REALLY MEANS IT.

Players like Hutchinson are few and far between, he RETIRED from something he absolutely loves doing and that resulted in him going through one of the hardest times of his life. Now all he wants to do is play football again because of a genuine LOVE OF THE GAME, I don't think he really cares about the money or winning trophies, he just wants to go back to doing what he loves. When he plays, the passion and drive he brings is infectious you can't help but get a buzz when he gets going, and the players will all feel that too. Even if you aren't a football fan, his is an emotional story. 

Can see him going on to be our captain after Loovens and don't want to tempt fate but well on his way to being a modern day SWFC legend.

Guest Wonder Spaniel

Immense tonight! Much more depth and maturity to his performances recently. Finally able to grow into his game with a run of games . Long may it continue! 

46 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Even if they did i couldn't see any bids coming in above £3million+ for a  27 year old CDM, with limited playing time in recent years and a bad history of serious knee injuries. Not that price is a factor anyway, because for me he is irreplaceable in our team right now, would not sell period.

But I honestly could not see him leaving. Listening to his interviews it sounds like he really does love the club, I get all players can say that... but without sounding like a teenage romcom, WHEN HE SAYS IT, I THINK HE REALLY MEANS IT.

Players like Hutchinson are few and far between, he RETIRED from something he absolutely loves doing and that resulted in him going through one of the hardest times of his life. Now all he wants to do is play football again because of a genuine LOVE OF THE GAME, I don't think he really cares about the money or winning trophies, he just wants to go back to doing what he loves. When he plays, the passion and drive he brings is infectious you can't help but get a buzz when he gets going, and the players will all feel that too. Even if you aren't a football fan, his is an emotional story. 

Can see him going on to be our captain after Loovens and don't want to tempt fate but well on his way to being a modern day SWFC legend.

My dad met Sam and Sam's dad (in a random meeting unconnected with the game or the club) when Sam was out injured during Stuart Gray's tenure.  My dad (+70 year old, Daily Mail reading, northern Alf Garnett type) was gobsmacked at how down to earth the whole family were, how they loved the area and how thankful they were to the club for giving Sam a fresh start (when NO other club (bar Chelsea) would).  Nothing I've ever seen or heard from Sam gives me anything but the impression he absolutely loves it at S6.  All I can add is thank you Sam, and Stuart Gray, as such.