Tom Lees

12 minutes ago, white kanu said:

Sorry I can't agree I think he's been the one solid performer at the back this year. Perhaps the odd error is because of having to play with a midfielder as a partner and I know Loovens was back today but he's had to adjust to being with him again.

I have seen at least 3 goals where he has been stood watching. You can't switch of in this division or else you get punished. As we were shown once again today. 

Im not sure if they are being told to mark zonal or if it is just the players making bad decisions but it's happening way too often, every time a ball goes into the box I'm expecting is to concede. 

15 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

Westwood was a nobber for the first but you want him to come darting out 8/9 yards to a cross that Palmer and lees should be dealing with? 

Crosses ar goi g to come into our box and so far we are failing to deal with them. It's the same gaping holes every time with people stood gazing 

Problem with their second. Westwood didn't come for it, but he didn't stay either. Not his best game. His shot stopping is excellent. Positioning average and distribution poor more often than not.

He can't come for the second it's too far out. It should be bread and butter for lees or even Palmer it was just a floating cross put between too defenders who were fast asleep. 

The he scary thing though for me is it is happening nearly every game. If it was a one off I wouldn't be too worried 

58 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

Tbf him and Palmer were just stood ball watching for that 2nd and it isn't the first time this season. 

Schoolboy stuff

Were they ball watching,  or did they play the offside trap perfectly only to be let down by Loovens not doing so quickly enough? 

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Were they ball watching,  or did they play the offside trap perfectly only to be let down by Loovens not doing so quickly enough? 

Yes they were ball watching...... Again...... Watch it back a few times mate. How many times do we let them get away with leaving gaping holes for other teams to stroll onto crosses before we start to question?

Edited by kidc77

1 hour ago, kidc77 said:

Tbf him and Palmer were just stood ball watching for that 2nd and it isn't the first time this season. 

Schoolboy stuff

Only Him and Palmer?? F**k me I wish Westwood came rushing out  at that point instead of when he did for the pen. 

15 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Why do we have so many fans who seem to over react Wether we win or draw????

I blame the Internet cos a few years back they would have shown themselves up in the  pub or have got a crack.

Oh i don't know - we used to argue like fec in the pub if we'd lost, or stood on chairs singing if we'd won.

Nowt's changed realy.

10 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

Yes they were ball watching...... Again...... Watch it back a few times mate. How many times do we let them get away with leaving gaping holes for other teams to stroll onto crosses before we start to question?

Could be looked at both ways though couldn't it.

If Loovens moves a few inches further forward with them it's goal disallowed and well played defence and Lees and Palmer share the plaudits. Or, as you say, they let the man go and we look inept at the back. 

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Oh i don't know - we used to argue like fec in the pub if we'd lost, or stood on chairs singing if we'd won.

Nowt's changed realy.

I blame the Internet cos a few years back they would have shown themselves up in the  pub or have got a crack.

It has though, we have faceless fans on the  Internet saying all sorts of sh!t with no comeback.

We have too many keyboard warriors ovwr the past few weeks shouting for Steve "f@cking" Bruce for Christ's sake.

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Could be looked at both ways though couldn't it.

If Loovens moves a few inches further forward with them it's goal disallowed and well played defence and Lees and Palmer share the plaudits. Or, as you say, they let the man go and we look inept at the back. 

If it was a one off I would look at it both ways. However it is happening every game we just ball watch and allow players to run into gaping holes from hopeful crosses. 

I I wouldn't mind if they were all world class balls fizzing across causing nightmares. We are not defending abc balls into the box it really is that simple. Today is one of many

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

It has though, we have faceless fans on the  Internet saying all sorts of sh!t with no comeback.

We have too many keyboard warriors ovwr the past few weeks shouting for Steve "f@cking" Bruce for Christ's sake.

I wouldn't take it so seriously - the lines are fine and most desperately want us to do well. It's a very passionate sport with no real middle ground.