Cambridge United vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

3 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Couldn't disagree more.   Obviously he does not intend to start Wallace against Norwich or he wouldn't be playing from the start as a senior player in an unfamiliar role.   Do you think losing a game like this would help any of the player brought in?  Do you not think a run in any cup brings in revenue?   Yes it's clearly being devalued by the fact that O'Grady and co have started but I would be very upset if we lost 1-0, let alone 5-0.

Success breeds success.   Full stop.

Agree. I really think a lot of our success last season was built on the platform of momentum we got from beating Newcastle and then Arsenal in this competition. 

Edited by kristmace
spelling

3 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Best uni chant at a sporting game was sheff uni v Hallam 

sheff uni singing....our dads are your dads bosses !!

This on the other hand is class!

Just now, Wild Will Smith said:

Except the University of Sheffield and Universities of Oxford and Cambridge are all Russell Group universities... 

On on all levels that chant doesn't work. It's shít.

Pretty sure they're working on a second verse to address the conglomerate structure

Guest Grez Bez
3 minutes ago, steveger said:

Hmmmmm, i think Ferriby's step up into the conference may have been too soon :wacko:

28....... mins Lincoln City 4 - 1 North Ferriby United

3-0 down then got to 10 men after 25 mins!

Guest everydays_wednesday
3 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Good job he isn't called Bell and they name an end after him....!

Guest minsk owl
2 minutes ago, steveger said:

Hmmmmm, i think Ferriby's step up into the conference may have been too soon :wacko:

28....... mins Lincoln City 4 - 1 North Ferriby United

Bundles of time yet !!

nfu1.jpg

6 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Couldn't disagree more.   Obviously he does not intend to start Wallace against Norwich or he wouldn't be playing from the start as a senior player in an unfamiliar role.   Do you think losing a game like this would help any of the player brought in?  Do you not think a run in any cup brings in revenue?   Yes it's clearly being devalued by the fact that O'Grady and co have started but I would be very upset if we lost 1-0, let alone 5-0.

Guest The Horse
2 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

I get all that, absolutely.
It's what I said last year - all of it.
But unfortunately for ultimate success and the jackpot, we need treat it like the Prem teams do now and use it as a run out for the fringe players.
It's just a side show this.

3 minutes ago, Geosword said:

I get all that, absolutely.
It's what I said last year - all of it.
But unfortunately for ultimate success and the jackpot, we need treat it like the Prem teams do now and use it as a run out for the fringe players.
It's just a side show this.

Thats exactly what we're doing, is it Wallace starting? I was surprised by that but then I'm guessing he will come off second half and maybe only feature as a sub on Saturday 

Edited by notts0wl