James Wilson

..different sort of player...but I love how you just had to mention him...well done for being so predictable..

pardon me for mentioning a current forward in a thread about a potential one.....you're right, it's completely off topic..........typical apologist clapper drivel

Loaning Wilson would give us no security whatsoever. United have so few striking options. If he came here and scored a few, they'd yank him back faster than you could sign your name. Whereas someone like Anichebe, for instance, you'd more likely get for the duration of his loan because WBA also have Rondon, Berahino, and Lambert.

Exactly. The article says there will be an instant release clause written in to the deal

Well he's better than all of the targets we've been linked with. I'd wave the championship experience thing, to get someone as talented as this guy. Really feel he could do a similar job to the, then inexperienced Patrick Bamford, when Derby took him from Chelsea. Should be our number one target in my opinion.

I've read as many as 14 championship clubs are keen to take him, with Derby front of the queue. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Well, if we're serious about making a challenge, we have to be in there. If we really do have such a great squad, bar a striker, we supposedly have the desire, and the money, then why shouldn't we get him? We've managed to lure other players here, so why not this guy. He will have worked with the former Manchester Utd youth guy who's on the committee and we've had recent dealings with the club before.

Well, if we're serious about making a challenge, we have to be in there. If we really do have such a great squad, bar a striker, we supposedly have the desire, and the money, then why shouldn't we get him? We've managed to lure other players here, so why not this guy. He will have worked with the former Manchester Utd youth guy who's on the committee and we've had recent dealings with the club before.

I'm sure we are in there - doesn't mean we'd be the player's preference. I'm not sure Wilson is the answer, but I appreciate beggars can't be choosers in the loan window.

I'm sure we are in there - doesn't mean we'd be the player's preference. I'm not sure Wilson is the answer, but I appreciate beggars can't be choosers in the loan window.

I know you aren't, and no, he doesn't fit the blueprint, but he looks to have similar attributes to Bamford, who we would have taken. How is it that so many think we can't compete with the likes of Derby and Middlesborough, when it comes to recruiting players? What is it that gives them the edge? Serious question. We have the money, a quality squad, an owner with the desire and drive to get to the top, the history, virtually everything to match what those two clubs can offer. Having been to both Derby and Middlesborough, we'd have no trouble selling Sheffield as a better place to live. In fact, the only thing that might let us down, are the facilities. Would that be the deciding factor on whether a player comes here, or goes there, I doubt it.

The edge I assume they have is the amount of cash they throw around, plus the fact everyone expects them to be contenders again so they attract players who think they'd get a promotion on their CV. We're still in the process of trying to get ourselves into the mix.