Barry Bannan - Villa opinion

as far as I am concerned he is another good option to have in a squad. lightweight he may be but its competition for Lopez and Lee. we should not be grumbling about having options in our squad.

thats the key word; squad

we've not had one for many years where bringing someone on from the bench was not automatic reduction in quality

we are building a squad for the first time in a while given what's come in and whats rumoured to be coming in.

the only question remains is whether the manager can make use of it. if he doesn't he will be gone. i find this in a way comforting whilst obviously I hope it all goes swimmingly and there is no need to change. but to know we can, without the new guy saying "the squad is not up to much" and writing off the season. the squad is looking up

He was one of many kids thrown into the deep end at Aston Villa and unsurprisingly struggled.

Not going to read too much into that.

We are a team in the Championship, not the Premier League.

I saw him have a few good games for Villa at that time - showed a lot of promise

Guest Obi-John Kenobi

Left footed isn't he?

May add balance to the midfield. Especially with the diagonal ball to the wings being an apparent tactic of CC