Leeds vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Key players missing, yeah 1... What is the point in a deep squad if the players coming in can't do the job? Lee, Palmer, Semedo are all capable replacements. Yep Nuhiu is gash and Price looks dodgy but the team performance should still have been better. A general lack of closing the opposition down, and knowing what to do when we actually have the ball. It all seemed very panicky 2nd half, and there was only going to be one winner.

Decent point, not a decent performance. Only got a point because of Matias magic.

I totally agree about closing down, this was bugging me today, for example their goal, came in from midfield, passed people at will and got a cross in and scored, it was a poor goal to concede.

But looking at the bigger picture, I thought we managed Leeds pretty well, it wasnt a great game for the neutrals but this is the championship, lots of team are going to win ugly, this was a game we could have won ugly in.

We were missing Westwood, Mcgugan, Wallace, and even Lucas could have had an impact today, looking back at that you have to be a bit happy that we managed to gain a point at a difficult ground to get anything. 

Edited by TaxiMark

Go on then genius...

I'm as far from a genius as that post was. We will not be in a scrap this season. And I'm happy to bet you on that...

So you say just above 20th yea? I'll bet you 50 quid a position and give you a 2 head start so any above 18th you pay me any below I'll pay you.

Guest tha_knows

Players are too good.

lol apparently so according to many on here. Be bit more calmer once the reality hits and we are regularly around bottom 6

It's a long hard scrappy season in the championship. There are at least 5 squads with less strength in depth let alone quality in their starting positions.

We have two reasonable 11s in championship. Proven by the fact that after 6 changes today we go away to a mid table club and get a draw.

We play a style that is hard to beat and less attacking and signs are there that discipline amongst players and their roles are coming.

We will get better as players adapt and regardless of a pee season or tour as they do gain more time together they will get better, stronger, fitter, more organised.

I'm clearly more confident and positive than you regarding this. Your post stating confidence of a bottom three finish is either a windup or very uninformed.

It's a long hard scrappy season in the championship. There are at least 5 squads with less strength in depth let alone quality in their starting positions.

We have two reasonable 11s in championship. Proven by the fact that after 6 changes today we go away to a mid table club and get a draw.

We play a style that is hard to beat and less attacking and signs are there that discipline amongst players and their roles are coming.

We will get better as players adapt and regardless of a pee season or tour as they do gain more time together they will get better, stronger, fitter, more organised.

I'm clearly more confident and positive than you regarding this. Your post stating confidence of a bottom three finish is either a windup or very uninformed.

You're wasted on here mate, most just want to slag the team and demand instant success!

Guest tha_knows

And I'm entitled to my opinion of which I strongly believe we will struggle and even go down. No right or wrong.

Guest tha_knows

You're wasted on here mate, most just want to slag the team and demand instant success!

Nah we just give our opinion and base it on what we witness. 

And I'm entitled to my opinion of which I strongly believe we will struggle and even go down. No right or wrong.

You are entitled indeed as I am untitled to question it.

As I said I'm so confident you are talking tripe I'd wager you a spread bet based on positions.

Unless I'm mistaken, your confidence at that point disappeared or at least your belief isn't strong enough to back it.

I'd suggest you Have an enjoyable season, yet I fear you'll not. Lots of doom and gloom lies ahead be that because you were correct or I was - either way it's bleak!

Think you may be right. Long season awaits and I'll try staying positive.

Hopefully as season goes on more positivity in our fans and players!