Leeds vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Woof!

mz6cnQr.png

For our next game it’s an early kick off at Leeds. The top dog of Yorkshire - or so some ex player of theirs that hardly anyone has heard of thinks. Leeds are also European Champions and enjoy a fierce rivalry with Manchester United. Barking mad.

0u6njhm.gif

They don’t even own their stadium ground or training facilities and the chairman is a nutter.

Scrubbers. We should all sing “Get a wash, get a wash” at them, they will be really offended by it.

HZZb744.png

Expecting a reaction from Carlos after the disappointing lack of effort on the pitch against Reading and looking forward to the return of some more sexy, sexy European style attacking football. 2-0 for us.

THE SERIOUS BIT

SsIYEJz.png

Venue: Elland Road, Leeds
Kick Off: Saturday the 22nd of August, 2015 at 12:30

Matchday Apparel: Away shirt

Matchday Drink: Beer as usual

Matchday Pie: Not pizza

Matchday Song: Black Dog by Led Zeppelin…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgm7F30EN50

MATCHDAY FACTS

Luke Murphy is poised for his first start this season, while Liam Cooper and Gaetano Berardi could freshen up the defence, but Lewis Cook is banned.

Sheffield Wednesday have fitness doubts over skipper Glenn Loovens (ankle), goalkeeper Keiren Westwood (kidney) and striker Atdhe Nuhiu (neck). Summer signing Modou Sougou has stepped off the bench to score twice and is pushing for his first start.

4ZnFVK1.png Head to Head 48pAkj8.png

• Leeds have won four of their last seven matches against the Owls at Elland Road, losing only once (D2).

• After failing to score in five of the previous six games against Leeds (one goal), Sheffield Wednesday have netted in each of the last seven (14 goals).

• Leeds have drawn four games in a row for the first time since April 2005. They last recorded a joint-club record five consecutive draws in August 1997.

• The Owls have conceded two or more goals in five of their last six away games, shipping one goal in the other.

• The Whites are winless in six at Elland Road (D3 L3); they've not gone seven without a win since September 1997 (a run of eight).

r2tu4br.png

MINTYNESS

FtiXS6C.gif

Edited by pauli

Best OMDT ever

Well done pauli...!

Good Morning to Owlstalkers everywhere especially the Morning Glory Gang also Eaton.

Please, please, please smash these dirty scummy fookers today please King CARLOS.

0-2

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

Guest minsk owl

BRILLIANT PAULI !!!

Agree with 0-2 ,  with Matias finally finding his scoring boots, instead of just the shootin' boots

Plus , I just received my new Sky Europe Card this week , ....... so i can actually watch it on the telly !!!!  WAHEY !!!

post-38035-0-77633900-1440198453.gif

Morning all, excellent from Pauli as ever.

Can't stand this lot so hope we absolutely smash them in their own backyard. Fingers crossed we see a bit of tinkering with the team - surely Sougou will come in, while Lee could be pushing for a start. Hopefully the midfield does a better job of linking up with Joao so he doesn't look so isolated up there, he was doing his best on wednesday night but had very little to work with. We saw what we're capable of against Bristol so let's return to that just in time to beat the scum. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Edited by GroundhoppingOwl

PAULI  .......  particularly excellent choice of the start date for the previous results list !!!!   :biggrin:  

I figured out how to get the list all the way back to 1920 in a single screenshot by doing it on my phone in vertical mode and then pushing it to my computer with Dropbox. But then I thought, no one wants to look at all that and left it.

Guest minsk owl

I figured out how to get the list all the way back to 1920 in a single screenshot by doing it on my phone in vertical mode and then pushing it to my computer with Dropbox. But then I thought, no one wants to look at all that and left it.

OK  , understand  !!,  but i was i referring to the directly previous result on 12.01.92   :ph34r: which was carefully omitted  :biggrin: