Leeds vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

It's a point away at Leeds who are unbeaten, they have also slashed out on a 3m striker (where is ours btw, still waiting?).

We had some key players out, Westwood, Mcgugan, Wallace etc, I was worried when I saw the line up, was happy to take a point before the game and we got it, slightly disappointed we didn't push on but hey ho.

Get a striker in and things might start looking up, 5 points, we move on. 

Leeds United 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday (Matias 37)

Possession: 61-39

Shots on target: 3-3

Shots off target: 17-6

Corners: 3-4

Fouls: 11-17

Yellow cards: 2-4

Red cards: 0-0

Price, Palmer, Lees, Sasso, Wiggins, Hutchinson, Semedo (Lopez 85), Sougou (Hunt 62), Lee, Matias (Helan 76), Nuhiu. 

Subs not used: Wildsmith, Bus, De Havilland, Wallace.

Well done Wednesday.

Well done Leeds United.  

We were better first half and saw one of the best goals you will ever see.

They were better second half and got a goal back that as galling it is to say it was fully deserved, if helped by a mistake.

It happens...!

We have gone to Leeds, drawn and scored a great goal.

Yet many expect us to play like Man City and many just want to criticise and flipping moan.

That is who it is aimed at... The thick moaning sods that 'support' our club.

Again I agree, too many pathetic moaners expecting a real Madrid type of side.

This is the championship, sometimes it gets very ugly, like today.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I'm happy with the point.  Yes, we were poor second half but we are missing Westwood, Loovens and McGugan who would all be in our first eleven if fit.  We are in desperate need of a centre forward too but we all know that. 

Lets take the point, stop whining, hopefully beat Oxford on Tuesday night and get a CF in before the Boro game.

If we hadn't put in two poor performances before then yes a point today is good.

Its actually 3 poor performances on the bounce, 4 into our 'new era'

Again not moaning, but I can understand the feelings of fans and don't think they should be called out by a person who banged on about megson ALL last season.

33 in sand in v/agina shocker.

A few people have said we look like doing sod all this season. .....

We don't. I'm not moaning just defending whoever you are insulting like an unstable twit.

Good point Tas

I don't like people moaning for the sake of it but after last three games in the league, I understand the doubts given lack of a plan

Guest Maxine

If we hadn't put in two poor performances before then yes a point today is good.

Again not moaning, but I can understand the feelings of fans and don't think they should be called out by a person who banged on about megson ALL last season.

You can't keep moaning and then say not moaning to take the moaning out of it.

You are moaning.

The Leeds goal was pretty poor. 

Far too easy for Dallas to beat two men out wide. 

On the other hand against Bristol some were saying how good it was when Jack Hunt did something similar.

Both situations evolved from crap defending but looking at it from different views skews the reaction from fans.

Midweek game was poor, today was two team cancelling each other out, did Leeds control the game? did they fk.

Anyone who isn't disapointed with that and the last couple of games needs their bumps feeling.

Sorry 33 we are in our rights to moan.

I would love to know how you lot thought 11 players coming from different leagues and speaking different languages were just going to hit it off straight away.

We were always going to be a bit hit and miss for the first few months. The important thing is to get points on the board during this period.

Inconsistent is what you can expect until they gel.

Expecting slick passing football every week is unrealistic.

If we are still playing like this in February, a moan is justified.

I would love to know how you lot thought 11 players coming from different leagues and speaking different languages were just going to hit it off straight away.

We were always going to be a bit hit and miss for the first few months. The important thing is to get points on the board during this period.

Inconsistent is what you can expect until they gel.

Expecting slick passing football every week is unrealistic.

If we are still playing like this in February, a moan is justified.

Spot on.

Keep the faith it will come good, it's only 4 games ffs!

We were better first half and saw one of the best goals you will ever see.

They were better second half and got a goal back that as galling it is to say it was fully deserved, if helped by a mistake.

It happens...!

We have gone to Leeds, drawn and scored a great goal.

Yet many expect us to play like Man City and many just want to criticise and flipping moan.

That is who it is aimed at... The thick moaning sods that 'support' our club.

i think there are very few disappointed with the point...

but can see us developing into the side gray had last term, with less of a foot in to the style...

it seems today that we we're way too deep, and big dave way too isolated to cope in any way...

i would imagine that a number of us are puzzled at the way we're supposed to progress once over the half way line???

we're supposed to be playing sexy passing football, controlling the ball, and the game, till the killer pass can be made...

the ball that ripped us a new un at ipswich was a long one, the equaliser against reading was diagonally long into the box...

and the ball for our goal today was long and threatening too...

sexy football??? bollox more like...

it appears we have route one...