Six Degrees Of Sheffield Wednesday!

Sam Hutchinson - Chelsea - John Terry

John Terry - Chelsea - Marcel Desailly

Marcel Desailly - Milan - Paolo Maldini

Paolo Maldini - Milan - Marco Van Basten

Marco Van Basten - Holland - Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman - PSV - Romario

That one hurt my brain and I'm sure there's an easier way.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Sam Hutchinson - Chelsea - John Terry

John Terry - Chelsea - Marcel Desailly

Marcel Desailly - Milan - Paolo Maldini

Paolo Maldini - Milan - Marco Van Basten

Marco Van Basten - Holland - Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman - PSV - Romario

That one hurt my brain and I'm sure there's an easier way.

If you allow international teams is there a quicker way through Oscar or Ramires, then just a couple of generational steps through the Brazil team?

Something like Hutch -> Ramires -> Ronaldiho -> Rivaldo-> Romario (Not checked any of those for overlap etc may need to chuck a goalkeeper in to get a longer period of time in and lose a step)

Right, let's kick things up a notch. If Zico and Stephen Bywater involves only three degrees of separation, we need some real challenges...

Sam Hutchinson and Romario

Glenn Loovens and Pelé

Ross Wallace and Raúl

If all those three come in at under six degrees of separation, I'll be astounded.

Glenn Loovens - Dutch 2001 World Youth Championship squad - Louis Van Gaal (the coach)

Louis Van Gaal - Ajax 1972-73 squad - Johan Neeskens

Johan Neeskens - New York Cosmos - Pele

(or add, say, Giorgio Chinaglia between Neeskens and Pele as I don't think the latter played together)

If you allow international teams is there a quicker way through Oscar or Ramires, then just a couple of generational steps through the Brazil team?

Something like Hutch -> Ramires -> Ronaldiho -> Rivaldo-> Romario (Not checked any of those for overlap etc may need to chuck a goalkeeper in to get a longer period of time in and lose a step)

International teams count.

Any ideas on darklord's Esajas and Rudolf Wetzer challenge? I got quite far then hit a dead end.

Glenn Loovens - Dutch 2001 World Youth Championship squad - Louis Van Gaal (the coach)

Louis Van Gaal - Ajax 1972-73 squad - Johan Neeskens

Johan Neeskens - New York Cosmos - Pele

(or add, say, Giorgio Chinaglia between Neeskens and Pele as I don't think the latter played together)

Coaches and managers don't count. Players only.

Ross Wallace played with Dwight Yorke at Sunderland

Dwight Yorke played with David Beckham at Man Ure

David Beckham played with Raul at Real Madrid

edited to remove manager!

Edited by stumps

International teams count.

Any ideas on darklord's Esajas and Rudolf Wetzer challenge? I got quite far then hit a dead end.

Having googled :-) Wetzer is going to be a struggle due to the age I reckon, to go back 80 years in 6 steps we're going to need several 10+ year careers. Add in to that the much lower levels of cross national transfers pre-70's and we'd need to get into Romania or Yugoslavia in the 50's with a couple of steps to spare.

Having googled :-) Wetzer is going to be a struggle due to the age I reckon, to go back 80 years in 6 steps we're going to need several 10+ year careers. Add in to that the much lower levels of cross national transfers pre-70's and we'd need to get into Romania or Yugoslavia in the 50's with a couple of steps to spare.

I reckon Puskás could hold the key...

Zico and bywater

Not quite got the hang of this have you lol

Zico played for Wednesday as did Bywater 

:stuwinky:

Edited by Guest

Yay! I winz the interwebby