McGugan Fee Agreed

...given the potential and the developing set-up I would take a reasonable cut if it meant coming to us and maybe bonuses when success arrives...anyone with an ounce of sense could see what's happening and how it may benefit them.

...given the potential and the developing set-up I would take a reasonable cut if it meant coming to us and maybe bonuses when success arrives...anyone with an ounce of sense could see what's happening and how it may benefit them.

Success isn't guaranteed. His current wages are.

If his demands are excessive due to his wage rise, Watford may have to subsidise them if they want him off the books.

Paying excessive wages has long term detrimental effects when you're trying to get rid of players so I would want us in that position. Leeds with Robbie Fowler for example

Success isn't guaranteed. His current wages are.

...and if that's his criteria then I doubt we would want him. it's obvious the kind of side we are building is about wanting to be here not just about the money.

Jam for all upon promotion, McGugan should concentrate on this aspect of the DC project. Wage structure is paramount within the rapid rebuild.

Thing is mcgugen aint good enough for the prem so paying high wages is a waste. If he agrees to lower wages and just gets on with it for us by the time we get to the prem he may have highered his value abit to sell on.

Guest Distraught!

If we sign McGugan we'll have so many options

Melo

Semedo

Hutchinson

Lee

Palmer

Matias

Lopez

Wallace

Plus McGugan

de Zeeuw might still be lurking in the background too.

If he really wants to come here then we'll find some middle ground, if not then we move on.

Difference between now and a few months back is we're no longer pinning all our hopes on him.

Edited by vontemp

...and if that's his criteria then I doubt we would want him. it's obvious the kind of side we are building is about wanting to be here not just about the money.

No one gives money up do they, he's got no real affinaty to the club so he's not going to take a massive pay cut to move here and rightly so.

..we're not paying crap wages. But now we have the backing to say ok and look elsewhere...

Exactly no longer are we being help up by players thinking they can take the pïss out of us . we pay him what hes worth and if reports are true 25k is not worth it. If he was quality and able to play in the prem maybe so but then watford wouldnt sell

I wonder if Watford might agree to pay up some of his contract in order to move him on and save some money from their wage bill. If not, McGugan can just bleed them dry, as I can't see any other club agreeing to match his wages.

That kind of deal was what happened with the pigs and James Beattie. Flogged him to Stoke in January as they panicked that they weren't going to get promoted that season and couldn't continue to sustain his 40k p/w wages but we're still paying around 10k p/w as he banged goals in for Stoke and dem blades narrowly missed out on promotion!