Lloyd Isgrove

Guest owl from retford

Reminds me of Gabby Agbonlahor when he came on loan. Everyone wrote him off too. 

Wednesday fans are the worst for writing a player off, especially young players. With all young players, the good ones they usually get better the more games they have as they need the experience. 

It showed with Ross Barkley, he only showed glimpses after a run of games. I dont think Connor Wickham hit the ground running either. Afobe to name another. 

Im not saying Isgrove is going to be what we need but i dont think 99% of people on Owlstalk can write off a young lad after a few games. 

Quality player, and will be back this coming season on a three year deal. UTO

maybe a season long loan Kev, i think the new contract he signed with the saints the day before we loaned him last season will scupper any chance of a perm at this point in time.

Here's the article I got the stats from:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/are-outdated-soccer-tactics-a-cross-to-bear-keeping-possession-is-the-way-to-goal-1402007011

It's an interesting read, if nothing else. I can't seem to track down the original reports the article references online, though.

Some good reading there and can definitely see why the top clubs don't want to just gift possession away by wasting it on pointless crossing. Can remember watching bilbao on TV a couple of times a few years ago and they always played a cross field early counter attack towards llorente, don't think iv ever seen another player as effective as him being able to bring a cross down on the run, then either shoot or bring someone else into play.

maybe a season long loan Kev, i think the new contract he signed with the saints the day before we loaned him last season will scupper any chance of a perm at this point in time.

The contract he signed just means Southampton can command a fee for Lloyd, he needs to play every game. They won't be able to guarantee that we can. UTO

I like isgrove, sometimes goes missing, didn't even know he was playing against Leeds until he got the pen.

he'll get much better though and wouldn't hesitate on a season loan, as long as we got other quality wide men in too.

Must admit I wrote Afobe off so I won't make that mistake again.

I like isgrove, sometimes goes missing, didn't even know he was playing against Leeds until he got the pen.

he'll get much better though and wouldn't hesitate on a season loan, as long as we got other quality wide men in too.

Must admit I wrote Afobe off so I won't make that mistake again.

Agree with you Parker

Edited by Southernblues

Isgrove would have to improve a lot for me to warrant a deal next season, I just didn't see that much from him with assists or goals, maybe it was the pitch though that wouldn't have helped. As long as he isn't the only winner we bring in.