Lloyd Isgrove

Guest owl from retford

Decent little player, I'd imagine he'd excel on a better pitch. Surrounded with a few more top players I think we'd see a different player completely. Let's be honest it's a culture change from the good football Southampton play compared to our style last year.

Guest conisbrough

We need a couple of players with real pace and Isgrove could be one. Lack of pace up front was one of key reasons we failed to score, if you do not have pace you require tricky creative players to create chances and we also lacked those.

I think he'd be a decent signing for a team coming up looking to consolidate next season. Not good enough for a team looking to get promoted within the next couple of seasons IMO.

Having said that, would you have wanted Lee, Semedo and Maguire to sign new contracts? Because we definitely need better than that trio, if we want to progress next season. I think Southampton wouldn't have signed Isgrove on a long term deal last season, if they thought he couldn't do it.

We need wingers who can attack the byline with pace and pull decent crosses over into the 6 yard line area..

Not try to cut in around the edge of the box all the time.

Frustrates me that we had nobody able or willing to do that last season.

How many goals are created like this.. lots