Tony Toms - 70 Today!

I have a note here it is his 70th today !  The man who put the steel back into a 1970s Wednesday rapidly going down the plughole.  I've collected a few photos of the big man together - anyone any TT memories ? 

I love the photo from the Boxing Day photo with Bobby Knutt - my mum bumped into Knutt him last year and asked him about this - he had this to say ;-)

"Bloody hell, it makes me want to roar (cry) when i see this, I can't believe I put that shirt on". he said that TT was a mate of his and he used to show him how to go on in the gym, he asked him to put the shirt on for a laugh & TT said he would put the photo in the gym but he went and put it into the United/Wednesday programme! he said that he has always been a staunch Blade " 

The club that keeps giving ! :-)

thumbs_RMPT55_zps3od0hmiu.jpg

RMPT69_zpsxh4y91mw.jpg

latw_zpsayk9ehnr.jpg

post-513-1214206841_zpsqdacolfs.jpg

post-513-1214206854_zpslotnhlts.jpg

post-513-1180947786_zpsr7bvebpj.jpg

swfc197990-1_zpsjl4cy4p9.jpg

TT_zpstdddy9nm.jpg

Guest mkowl

He'd make Maghoma run quicker thats for sure

Didn't he organise that infamous night up on the moors for the players under Charlton

Guest wadsgod

Used to talk to him all the time in the late 80s early 90s in the pheasant at Sheffield lane top, his gym was just next door. He was a really nice bloke

He lived in Worrall where I was brought up...had a cracking night in The Shoulder with him and a few players inc Mick Pickering at the end of the promotion year...he was ok as a bloke but could bs a bit of an arse when his ex army mates came to see him!!

I met him a couple of times in The Shoulder as im from Oughtibridge originally . Remember being in there one night , Tony was in sat at the other end of the bar in his usual spot , when in walked Jack Charlton ,who used to come in now and again with Tony. Down to earth blokes , both of them. 

Wasn't he once a minder or fitness trainer for Madonna.

I used to train at Tonys spartan gym next to the pheasant at Sheffield lane top .Saw Tony in a gym he was visiting ,Any way i saw Tony said i saw your picture in the Mirror Tony body guarding Madonna he made me laugh he said that woman was a pain in the backside.He was a very strong Hard man.He was the unarmed combat instructor for the Special boat squadron when he served in the Royal Marines .TOP MAN .