Blackpool 0 Sheffield Wednesday 1 EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS

He should force the keeper to at least make a save, that is true. I think he just tries too hard to make sure he beats the keeper as he's rushing across.

Anyway, isn't it disappointing that we only generated one proper chance against the worst team in the division after they've already given up!?

Guest Fedor

If you lot stop having a go at him, I'll stop embarrassing you.

lol

lol

I'm bored of tying you in lnots its becoming tedious.

Wasn't the sitter some are making it out to be, but he's got to hit the target from there

this.

Hes a good player but Its Nuhiu's biggest weakness, needs to attack the ball and make the no' 1 priority hitting the target, 

all our forwards this season have seemed to be paranoid that peter schmeical is in the other net every week and try and be too precise, (how many times we hit the woodwork!)  sometimes youve gotta stop worrying about what might happen and just work the keeper,

Nuhiu looks almost apologetic when going for goal with his head .......ATTACK THE BALL man! 

hope he continues to improve, & i hope he stays. somink in there worth persevering with.

So McGuire was nearly 'at the same height' and let the ball go over his head but Nuhiu's to blame when he has to ****** at the header? If Nuhiu had been more aggressive and as well as putting the ball in the net also clattered McGuire into Kingdom come maybe bringing his season to an end would you have been happy?

Guest Mancunian_Owl

I like Nuhiu but he needs to bag a couple of headers to take the criticism off him. I believe it was our kid who said that four goals is the difference between Nuhiu having an ok and a great season for us this year. The best way for him to alleviate the criticism is to get a few more goals before the end of the season.

Was impressed with Maguire, dribbling on a pitch like that isn't easy and it looked like we bossed Midfield all game. I honestly wouldn't have been suprised if we had lost against Blackpoo as its the Wednesday way. 

Keeping Goog's has gotta be our number one aim at the end of the season.

Nuhiu's height works against him with some fans. They've decided that because he's a big lad, he has to be good at headers. It's actually the weakest part of his game.

The alternative, of course, is to play smaller forwards that can't even reach the ball. They wouldn't be criticised for missing a header that they don't get to, but we'd score precisely no more goals.

If it turned out that we had someone better than Attey with the ball at their feet, I could understand them wanting such a player in his place; but the only one that might apply to is Segiu Bus, and he happens to be injured.

We are currently playing our two most skilful forwards, in Nuhiu and Keane. Unfortunately we're using their physical presence as a reason to lump it up to them, which is not playing to their strengths at all. I can almost understand it at Hillsborough and at Blackpool, with the pitches being as they are; but we need to get the ball down and play a shorter passing game when the pitches are more playable.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Nuhiu's height works against him with some fans. They've decided that because he's a big lad, he has to be good at headers. It's actually the weakest part of his game.

The alternative, of course, is to play smaller forwards that can't even reach the ball. They wouldn't be criticised for missing a header that they don't get to, but we'd score precisely no more goals.

If it turned out that we had someone better than Attey with the ball at their feet, I could understand them wanting such a player in his place; but the only one that might apply to is Segiu Bus, and he happens to be injured.

We are currently playing our two most skilful forwards, in Nuhiu and Keane. Unfortunately we're using their physical presence as a reason to lump it up to them, which is not playing to their strengths at all. I can almost understand it at Hillsborough and at Blackpool, with the pitches being as they are; but we need to get the ball down and play a shorter passing game when the pitches are more playable.

If you are a striker you should be able to score with your Head, thats it at the end of the day.

He can take pressure off himself by sticking a few away.

More excuses, its compounded by his size but he is just not aggressive enough or has the desire and technique to make those chances count, Marcus Tudguy was only small but he would get on the end of those chances . 

Nuhui reminds me of a more stocky Peter Crouch both got the skilz but Crouchy makes his headers count . 

If you are a striker you should be able to score with your Head, thats it at the end of the day.

That's true, but since we don't have any strikers who are any good in the air (except Madine, going on his League One goals) there's not much point criticising Nuhiu for it unless we had someone better to bring in.*

It's still up for debate whether any of our other strikers would offer a better overall contribution than Nuhiu, but I feel the consensus is firmly on Nuhiu's side over the likes of May and Madine at the moment. It's certainly far from the unquestionable truth that he should be dumped straight in the reserves which some posters have been peddling for more than just this season.

*Not aimed at you Mancunian, and just to be clear, I'm not against criticising players for missing good opportunities like the above, but more the constant bashing he receives for no particular reason.

Edited by Dan™