Debt free and "personal money"

Guest _Ibbo_

Thing I've noticed is that Mr Chansiri has stated he bought the club with his own money but TUF is plastered all over the boarding behind the press conference (not even sondico were on there interestingly either). Does this mean that TUF are officially our new sponsors if this deal was seperate from TUF or was Mr Chansiri just using this as free advertising for his company?

...erm yes.

Thing I've noticed is that Mr Chansiri has stated he bought the club with his own money but TUF is plastered all over the boarding behind the press conference (not even sondico were on there interestingly either). Does this mean that TUF are officially our new sponsors if this deal was separate from TUF or was Mr Chansiri just using this as free advertising for his company?

Not sure what the sponsorship status is now we'll have to wait upon further statements,  but looking at financial summaries and reports of his father's/bother's company TUF they are planning to expand their various brands into Europe this project seems to thai (see what I did there?) in nicely with that strategy whilst retaining the necessary distance from DC.  Who sponsors Reading btw ?

Not sure what the sponsorship status is now we'll have to wait upon further statements, but looking at financial summaries and reports of his father's/bother's company TUF they are planning to expand their various brands into Europe this project seems to thai (see what I did there?) in nicely with that strategy whilst retaining the necessary distance from DC. Who sponsors Reading btw ?

Waitrose I believe

Guest totemowl

can everyone chill out on the acronyms. I dont know what the hell you are talking about

lol TUF

Edited by totemowl

FFP rules were changed a while ago.

A team can lose £39m over 3 seasons.

But the football league can't impose a sanction either sporting or financial on a Premier league team, this is how QPR have got away with it so far.

He could blow £39m this summer with the hope of getting promoted next year and staying there!

I still think we will be looking at the same level of investment that Leciester have had!

It is currently £8 million a year, what you are saying doesn't come in until the 2016/17 season http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/20141106-championship-financial-fair-play-rules-rg-2066799.aspx

Not sure what the sponsorship status is now we'll have to wait upon further statements, but looking at financial summaries and reports of his father's/bother's company TUF they are planning to expand their various brands into Europe this project seems to thai (see what I did there?) in nicely with that strategy whilst retaining the necessary distance from DC. Who sponsors Reading btw ?

As "MarkTheOwl" says Reading are sponsored by Waitrose. Leicester City are also Thai owned & their stadium & shirts are sponsored by King Power which I believe is owned by the club owner or his family.

regarding fair play there's a couple of prem clubs recently in news re FFP Liverpool were let off after saying money was for ground improvements other club got fined £145k... whahahahahhahah crippling fine (not) when compared to prem league status.. so all in all it;s not even worth considering the implications..

Just not a serious impact.

so you spend more than you should in the prem...

get fined $150k ish...

move up half a dozen places in the division and get how much more money for doing so???

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that sponsorship income has to fit within an expected market rate, so that owners can't just circumvent FFP by creating ridiculously inflated deals?

I'm not sure you can just have someone drop by and sponsor Hillsborough for £100 million, it would have to be a believable arrangement when compared to the sponsorship of other similarly sized stadiums and clubs.

Hopefully I dreamt it though.

Guest totemowl

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that sponsorship income has to fit within an expected market rate, so that owners can't just circumvent FFP by creating ridiculously inflated deals?

I'm not sure you can just have someone drop by and sponsor Hillsborough for £100 million, it would have to be a believable arrangement when compared to the sponsorship of other similarly sized stadiums and clubs.

Hopefully I dreamt it though.

Tha's where man City came unstuck with the UEFA FFP. Similar rules in the FL and PL version I think. But a reasonable value should be fine. £10m would do very nicely I reckon.