BIG sponsorship deal

You say my heads buried in the sand. Wrong again.

Money - 3 investments 1996, 2010, 2015 of over £12m each. Completely different ball game to accrington stanley.

Attention - yes, we get lots of attemtion / publicity. Hillsboroughs getting mentions regularly in the press. It's known for the disaster and its known as our home. For most football fans at least, there isn't a stigma attached. And yes, i live well away from Sheffield.

And this malarkey about the 'majority of the population' - baloney.

My understanding was 1996 was a loan taken out by the club. Cant say that was investment.

2010 was someone basiclaly paying the debts caused ultimately caused by the 1996 loan.

Only this one is really "investment", and so far, nothing has actually been invested.

Guest totemowl

My understanding was 1996 was a loan taken out by the club. Cant say that was investment.

2010 was someone basiclaly paying the debts caused ultimately caused by the 1996 loan.

Only this one is really "investment", and so far, nothing has actually been invested.

In all 3 cases I'd say someone was making a big investment, a big monetary commitment, to the club.

The CharterHouse (?) loan, if that's what it was, wasn't simply about borrowing money and clearing a debt.

But perhaps people don't invest in football clubs, they just throw lots of money at them. Perhaps I should have said that instead.

I find it hard to believe that people wouldnt support or invest in us due to the disaster or that this is the reason we dont get many headlines in national newspapers.

Reason for this is we are poo poo & have been poo poo for 20 years.

Ouch, that hurts.... But then the truth often does...

lol

Bury your head in the sand if it works for you.

You dismiss the perspective of the majority of the population as 'their' problem. Fine! Let's muddle on shall we!

Do you spend much time out of Sheffield? Explain attention to me!

I get the Observer on Sunday and we have never had a report in the 5 years I've been reading it. Invariably we are the last sentence in the summary. That's it.

There is a whole generation of football fans who know sweet FA about that club from Sheffield

Explain significant money. What are you comparing to exactly? Accrington Stanley?

Incidentally, our unwashed peers are now close to beating us in fan numbers if you look at home supporters attending, and in a 'pub' league at that. Truth hurts. I know they have discounts and giveaways....but it's still bums on seats...people getting off the couch!

Anyhow, I'm genuinely sorry we disagree.

As of 15 matches each team figures are

SWFC  total 331,255 average 22,083 per game

Pigs     total 291962 average 19464 per game

Add to that our very mediocre home form and them in or around the play offs most of the season and it's quite clear your statement is way off the mark. Sorry Bud :stuwinky:

Ok. Got it. You're ignoring reality. You don't like opinions that disagree with you. I'll move on.

Whose reality mate?

I'm trying to understand your opinion. Help me! I love Hillsborough!

Its a travesty.

Ask most people down here (London) what they associate with Hillsborough and they will say "disaster".

I'm not just making that up. Try it yourself.

Or simply google "Hillsborough Disaster" and compare with "Hillsborough Football Ground" and you will get 40 times as many hits.

Nothing whatsoever to do with SWFC. We got unlucky! We have to deal with it!

26 years on next month and it is STILL all over the press !

I call that a stigma. Stigma is negative.

But I hate the thought of renaming the stadium - bitter pill and all that!

All I'm trying to say is I think it's seriously worth discussing rather than baloney

As of 15 matches each team figures are

SWFC  total 331,255 average 22,083 per game

Pigs     total 291962 average 19464 per game

Add to that our very mediocre home form and them in or around the play offs most of the season and it's quite clear your statement is way off the mark. Sorry Bud :stuwinky:

Check the last five games and take out the away supporters and just see how close it is!

I don't make stuff up!

Guest totemowl

Whose reality mate?

I'm trying to understand your opinion. Help me! I love Hillsborough!

Its a travesty.

Ask most people down here (London) what they associate with Hillsborough and they will say "disaster".

I'm not just making that up. Try it yourself.

Or simply google "Hillsborough Disaster" and compare with "Hillsborough Football Ground" and you will get 40 times as many hits.

Nothing whatsoever to do with SWFC. We got unlucky! We have to deal with it!

26 years on next month and it is STILL all over the press !

I call that a stigma. Stigma is negative.

But I hate the thought of renaming the stadium - bitter pill and all that!

All I'm trying to say is I think it's seriously worth discussing rather than baloney

Yes, we did get unlucky and yes, google throws up many more hits. But I don't think that stigma is as negative or as significant to us as you think.

We all know how foolish the banks were up to 2008 but I suspect most of us still trust those same banks with our money.

Edited by totemowl

Guest wayne the owl

You say my heads buried in the sand. Wrong again.

Money - 3 investments 1996, 2010, 2015 of over £12m each. Completely different ball game to accrington stanley.

Attention - yes, we get lots of attemtion / publicity. Hillsboroughs getting mentions regularly in the press. It's known for the disaster and its known as our home. For most football fans at least, there isn't a stigma attached. And yes, i live well away from Sheffield.

And this malarkey about the 'majority of the population' - baloney.

I live in East Yorkshire and spent many years on the south coast and beleieve me , apart from the Hillsborogh disaster we get hardly a mention in any paper I've ever read. The take over is the only thing I've read about us recently that wasn't somethi about the disaster.

I live in East Yorkshire and spent many years on the south coast and beleieve me , apart from the Hillsborogh disaster we get hardly a mention in any paper I've ever read. The take over is the only thing I've read about us recently that wasn't somethi about the disaster.

I'm assuming that in your post you are statomg that we never get a mention in papers, you mean outside of the sports pages of National Papers?

Reason why I mention this is:

a) Why would would a Sheffield Football team EVER get mentioned in a local South Coast or East Yorkshire newspaper;

b) Football clubs / grounds / players only ever get mentioned outside of the Sports pages of National Newspapers for negative things - So and So player arrested for  X Crime, X Manager investigated for racist behavour / drunk football fans smash up train etc etc.

a) is self explanatory, and quote frankly, I am happy that an event in 1989 is the date of the last event connected with Sheffield Wednesday that actually gains us column inches in the non-sports sections of National papers.