players who didnt get a fair crack of the whip?

He's on loan at a Swiss 2nd division side. Played 10, scored 0 according to the stats I could find. Probably not one who deserved more first team games, then.

cheers fella.  I don't understand why we look at some of the players.  

Would be nice if we could bring in some random fella on a free who makes an instant impact in the championship.  

Rarely happens for us. 

cheers fella.  I don't understand why we look at some of the players.  

Would be nice if we could bring in some random fella on a free who makes an instant impact in the championship.  

Rarely happens for us. 

It rarely happens to any club, to be fair. Who was the last foreign unknown who arrived on a free and took the Championship by storm?

At least we're speculating nowadays; if just one of them comes off and earns us a shot at the playoffs or upwards of £5m when they leave, it will have paid for itself many times over.

It rarely happens to any club, to be fair. Who was the last foreign unknown who arrived on a free and took the Championship by storm?

At least we're speculating nowadays; if just one of them comes off and earns us a shot at the playoffs or upwards of £5m when they leave, it will have paid for itself many times over.

Can't think of any off the top of my head.  

Was thinking last night we should send our scouts over to South and Central America.  There surely have to be a few decent players out there available at a reasonable price.  

Probably more wishful thinking than anything else.

In all seriousness, Chris Woods. I'm not saying that he didn't deserve to be dropped, or even that he should have come back and replaced Big Kev. However, the fact that he didn't get another chance somewhere, even if it wasn't with us, is sad.

he was nearly 37 when he left mate and had 21 years as a pro so not that sad .........

Rightio..Dunno whether I imagined or dreamt this....

But..

In the 70's..I remember a Scandinavian lookin' bloke coming on as a sub at Hillsborough against I dunno...(yea I know theres not a lot of facts here)...but he came on...virtually dismembered someone with his first kick..got sent off..never to be seen again..blonde hair..looked like Haral;d Hardrager or summatt...

funnily enough, i could never understand why we bought him, if we had to sign a Belgian at that time, i'd have much preferred Poirot

funnily enough, i could never understand why we bought him, if we had to sign a Belgian at that time, i'd have much preferred Poirot

DEgryse was a great player...

Guest minsk owl

Degryse was a sound player for us during his short time.......... and   :columbo:    was better than Poirot