Striker who can hold it up and score a few- suggestion thread.

Because he stepped down - which he needed to.

How many games did he play as a striker for us? One at Reading, and scored, came on in one and scored and think one other. Other than that played on the wing, never given a fair chance really. Madine is better than what we have in the useless lump nuhiu as well.

How many games did he play as a striker for us? One at Reading, and scored, came on in one and scored and think one other. Other than that played on the wing, never given a fair chance really. Madine is better than what we have in the useless lump nuhiu as well.

Didn't he score twice in his three starts? He was raw, but you could see he had a bit of everything, including the sort of pace we're crying out for.

Someone we can pick up for nowt who we know can do a job and score a few at this level.

This,to me, sums up the attitude of so many local supporters, not just Wednesdayites, but the whole area as a whole. One of the main reasons why places like Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle and others, and don't judge them on their football teams alone, are miles head of us. They are prepared to plan ahead, and yes, horror of horrors, SPEND SOME MONEY!!!!!! It's no good us expecting to compete with the Manchesters, Milans, Romas, and others of this world unless we are prepared to pay! I know they're backed by millionaires, but chaps don't become millionaires by stuffing their few bobs under the mattress.As my old Grannie used to say 'Money's made round to go round'.

As a proud member of the old school, I'm a dyed in the wool Yorkshireman, def. 'A Scotsman who's saving up', and the idea of paying someone 20 or 30 Grand a week to run around a field on a Sat, is anathema to me. But it's time for us all to move into today's world. We've proved we can't beat 'em, so let's join 'em. The old image of Sheffield as being a smoke-filled, gloomy place of dark satanic mills is long gone. The outskirts of our beautiful city contains just as much attraction as the Alderley Edges and such.What is needed is for someone to go out and SELL Sheffield as an idea. maybe we should be taking a much closer look at the Stoke's and Wigan's of this world. And what better way than to put together at least one, preferably two, football teams of the likes of Manchester and Liverpool. Let's not look down on them and despise them, but learn from them and emulate them.

Saw a young man called Traore make cameo appearance for Barcelona last night. Eighteen years old,I think, could hold it up, could beat his man, Scored a blinder. Perhaps Barca would like to send him to us for rest of season.  Realise I'm probably living in dream land but at least watching Barcelona win 8 - 1 was far better than watching the pigs on some second rate free stream.

It would be nice to think that a new man has been identified, the player and his club sounded out, provisional terms agreed, and ready to sign as soon as the window opens. Really don't want to hear, come January, that we're gonna have a little look and see what's available, then wait the whole of January before making our move.

Guest s11 owl

I was told we may be looking further afield than UK for players for January. Cheaper and better quality in europe or usa for example.

Whooa!!!

no body beleives your inside info...............................

too many false dawns

Sam Vokes, I mentioned him the other day. He's currently on his way back from injury and I'm sure Burnley would be willing to let him out to gain some match fitness, on a short term loan at the very least. Big, strong lad, more than capable of holding the ball up, and goes scores at this level as last season showed.

Some people really do live in cuckoo land, what about Drogba he's only Costa back up.

Didn't he score twice in his three starts? He was raw, but you could see he had a bit of everything, including the sort of pace we're crying out for.

Exactly. Why is it we seem to play players out of their position all the time!