Team v Huddersfield

With the news that Royston went off with a knock in the dev squad game I think it's safe to say he won't be starting, so how would you line us up? Buxton wasn't involved either, although that could be to save him for Saturday. It'll be too early for Lavery or Zayatte, so I'd go:

(4-2-3-1)

Westwood

Palmer

Loovens

Lees

Helan

Lee

Semedo

Maguire

Maghoma

Helan

Nuhiu

It's not ideal but with this I'm trying to replicate the team that did so well at the McAlpine last year, same formation with Nuhiu up front on his own, obviously no Gary Gardner or Hutch but hopefully Lee and Semedo can perform similar roles. I know Maghoma was beyond abysmal last game but with Drenthe out we've got little choice but to play him. We could use quite a lot of rotation among the front four as all of them can come inside, to try and overwhelm their defence. It'll almost certainly be futile, but hey, I tried lol

Westwood 

Palmer Lees Loovens Helan 

Lee Semodo GTF Eagles 

Howard May 

Stevie Howard and Eagles to sign on friday 

Edited by siggi jonsson

Guest Sean Gemmell

Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens Helan

Lee

Maghoma Maguire Drenthe

May Taylor-Fletcher

Subs: Semedo, Nuhiu, Lavery, Coke, McCabe, Dielna, Kirkland

we cant score with 11 men never mind 10 😂

With the news that Royston went off with a knock in the dev squad game I think it's safe to say he won't be starting, so how would you line us up? Buxton wasn't involved either, although that could be to save him for Saturday. It'll be too early for Lavery or Zayatte, so I'd go:

lol

@domhowson: Royston Drenthe was taken off in the second half of today's development match with a knock but he should be fine for Saturday. #SWFC

@domhowson: Royston Drenthe was taken off in the second half of today's development match with a knock but he should be fine for Saturday. #SWFC

yeah - saw that and tried to edit, but useless phone crashed so it just posted the edit with Helan at both... Helan at LB, Drenthe down the wing then. 

ive been thinking about it, While K Lee hasnt reached his usual standards since his return from injury, he is trying to change his game, adapt it to what we need, if you like....

trying to do what we have been crying out for, namely vs Norwich at lepp lane end bursting beyond the strikers and getting on the end of a Nuhiu knock down before volleying over, he really should have done better, then popping up again in the millers box in the last ten mins when it really should have earned us a penalty. 

Yes i want him to be busy in midfield like last season, but its fair to say he is gonna go missing in there from time to time if hes trying to link up with the strikers. long may it continue, 

on that basis im going for (not that i got much choice in cm)

KW

Palmer    T Lees    Loovens            Helan

Lee/Semedo

Drenthe                                  Maghoma

Maguire/May

my thinking in playing Maguire next to May, is so Maguire can do the harrying an closing down, chasing back, allowing Stevie to have a game or two playing the role he did for scotland tonight - A striker on the last mans shoulder.

Gutted Maghoma gets another chance on the left but with our injuries, needs must atm, but i would be more than happy if dielna or floro played LB, allowing Helan to move up the pitch and jettison Maghoma from my line up... 

I really like Helan as a LB though, hence the Maghoma reprieve! 

Edited by GY-owl.4

Guest owl from retford

Westwood

Palmer lees loovens helan

Drenthe lee semedo maguire

May nuhiu

Want to maguire back on left said it before but thats were his goals came from last season

westwood

palmer               loovens    lees       Helan

Lee           Semedo

Maguire              Mcgugan               Maghoma

Nuhui