Come back Gary Megson

Do you not realise what a championship strike force would do to Rob Jones?

Our defensive boringness left teams like Carlisle no choice but to pump it in the box.... Rob Jones would head it out.

A team like Watford.... look at there goals.

Please... explain it like I'm 5... wtf would Rob Jones do about any of our goals conceded against Watford or any other goal we conceded?!

Yep, Watford who barely broke into a sweat tore our defence apart.

This one that is soooooo much better than anything we have had before.

Maybe a proper leader on the pitch might not put up with the likes of Palmer wandering upfield and then not giving a hoot about tracking back.

Maybe a proper leader would ensure that the people in front of him (that's called the midfield) were picking up runners as he sees more of the game in front of him.

Sorry buddy but we were talking about entirely different things it seems.

I'll leave it for now as the part-timers don't seem to grasp football or life or just generally a bit of a pisstake.

Taz, if you were a fish, you would probably be bouncing around on the canal towpath as the angler walks to his peg.

Chillax a little.

:biggrin:

Going for my tea.

Hopefully some Ginger Sponge for dessert.

gary megson

So a Rob Jones type player with none of Rob Jones attributes.

Your stuck in league one 33, the owls got promoted and your stayed there.

This aint sunday league where being reight big and running round all the time gets you a few points.

This is a thinkers game and Gray is a wily fox analysing the teams full of big money players and working out how to shut them down. Which he's done with less than no money.

He needs a bit of dosh to splash on our attack that is all.

I'll leave it for now as the part-timers don't seem to grasp football or life or just generally a bit of a pisstake.

Taz, if you were a fish, you would probably be bouncing around on the canal towpath as the angler walks to his peg.

Chillax a little.

:biggrin:

Going for my tea.

Hopefully some Ginger Sponge for dessert.

gary megson

You mad bro?

Mate... my wily fox gray is our manager.... Megson is probably in home base..... I think I win.

Yep, Watford who barely broke into a sweat tore our defence apart.

This one that is soooooo much better than anything we have had before.

Maybe a proper leader on the pitch might not put up with the likes of Palmer wandering upfield and then not giving a hoot about tracking back.

Maybe a proper leader would ensure that the people in front of him (that's called the midfield) were picking up runners as he sees more of the game in front of him.

Sorry buddy but we were talking about entirely different things it seems.

no amount of leadership would have saved us from the free-flowing football which Watford played- their wing backs killed us and overwhelmed our midfield.

however, even if i accept that Megson could have found a better leader in centre defence than Gray (which I dont), the hoofball he played would not have saved us either - if anything it would have been worse: what killed us that day (and threatens us every game) was an inability to retain possession in the midfield and as a result us chasing the game not controlling it. Megson did not care about possession or the midfield - he bypassed it.

not to mention we no longer have (or perhaps never had) a team for hoofball. that will increasingly be the case as it has less and less place in the modern game.

some very sentimental people on here re Megson and some of those frankly misremember the facts of his time in charge because he (insert pointless "passion" anecdote here)

Spoke to Don Megson today...

He said, amongst other things, that Meggo Jr. is relaxed about future work - open to offers but not rushing around looking for it, recognises there's a lot of good managers in the game.

So I jokingly asked him about Meggo Jr. coming back to Hillsborough. He said "ah, well..." Shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes dejectedly.

I think it's easy to fall back on nostalgia and sentimentality about GM.

However, the truth is I've heard from a variety of sources how Milan didn't speak to him for weeks, didn't even get a phone call from the chairman to say game over. Just think it's poor that after Dooley, we still see the club do this to it's servants.

Would take him back definately like many say, but this is the only problem. And while Milan is there I can't see it happening....so sell up soon Milan!!

Guest Distraught!

Would take him back definately like many say, but this is the only problem. And while Milan is there I can't see it happening....so sell up soon Milan!!

As strange as the question may seem to you, what makes you think that any new owner would want Megson to take over as manager?