Traffic Chaos tonight

Guest Deleted member

I wouldn't worry about it

The new traffic light system that replaced the roundabout at Leppings Lane is so bad

The majority of people will get nowhere near Clay Wheels Lane.

Can't wait to see the end result because I truly believe it will be worse.

There's roadworks on Penistone Road near New Barrack Tavern causing delays

The new road lay out at Leppings Lane is causing major delays

And for anyone thinking about going over Grenoside and Jawbone, one side of the bridge at Oughtibridge is closed while the council undertakes strengthening work, traffic lights are in operation.

I'm heading home from Forgemasters at 6pm, I will go the long way over Jawbone, but it won't be pretty.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Can't wait to see the end result because I truly believe it will be worse.

Definately

I hate traffic lights, roundabouts are much better

Traffic lights just cause delays

Many times I arrive at these new traffic lights at 4.50 am, and have to sit and wait 5 minutes with no one else on the road

Traffic lights are just a money making scheme that provides someone with a lucrative repair contract.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Deleted member

why would anybody be driving northbound past the ground at 7pm?

You think the queues will only start at the old roundabout?

Jack Scott is the councillor responsible for this work. The roadworks around Sainsburys were due to take two weeks but its looking like at least five weeks which has had a major impact on some of the businesses who have seen their takings plummet. Quite a clever plan by Sainsburys to starve small businesses prior to opening up. Now if Sainsburys were delayed in opening their store for three weeks they would be hitting their contractors for liquidated damages which would run to conservative guess of at least a £1 million quid for three weeks delay. I bet our idiot council won't have put in place any such contingency for these small traders.

Jack Scott is the councillor responsible for this work. The roadworks around Sainsburys were due to take two weeks but its looking like at least five weeks which has had a major impact on some of the businesses who have seen their takings plummet. Quite a clever plan by Sainsburys to starve small businesses prior to opening up. Now if Sainsburys were delayed in opening their store for three weeks they would be hitting their contractors for liquidated damages which would run to conservative guess of at least a £1 million quid for three weeks delay. I bet our idiot council won't have put in place any such contingency for these small traders.

Seems like it's been going on for longer then 5 weeks, must be me.

Also the person responsible for the temporary road lane markings along Penistone Rd needs to stop taking the happy pills because I nearly have a near miss on there every day, I have to say I don't blame the other drivers either. 

There's roadworks on Penistone Road near New Barrack Tavern causing delays

The new road lay out at Leppings Lane is causing major delays

And for anyone thinking about going over Grenoside and Jawbone, one side of the bridge at Oughtibridge is closed while the council undertakes strengthening work, traffic lights are in operation.

I'm heading home from Forgemasters at 6pm, I will go the long way over Jawbone, but it won't be pretty.

Its not too bad to be honest - I've been going that way and the delays aren't  that bad.

The Sainsbury has been around five weeks however the works down towards the New Barrack Tavern and Presto Tools has been going on for months. They could have done that a lot quicker as the weather has been kind to them but they have been quite happy to just plod along. I think in the trade its known as a hospital job.

Guest Manwithastick

why would anybody be driving northbound past the ground at 7pm? Your right it wont affect me cus il be heading southbound

Because they're approaching from the south? Like I would have. Not bothering.

That's another midweek game with 3 ST's unused.

Guest Manwithastick

I park in the wednesdayite car park. It's been a frikkin nightmare all season having to turn up Herries Road South

then down Herries Road to the new abortion at the end of Halifax Rd (since you can't go up Penistone, round the

roundabout [watch out for Maxine] and back down Peni. It's adding 30-45 minutes on a Saturday.

Since I'm in Nottingham tonight and would have to return after the match I've decided balls to it.