Fulham

Guest Retfordowl74

The pubs down Putney high street are not that good, unless you do like poncy and expensive. The weatherspoons (the railway) is, well, standard weatherspoons but it's right at the top of the high street. The Coat & Badge will be full of yuppies and aside from the spoons you're looking at £4 a pint that side of the river. 

Ideally you should keep walking over the bridge to Fulham where you'll be at Putney Bridge underground station. There are three away pubs there; Eight Bells, Larrick, The Temperance. I haven't been in the Eight Bells for ages, it's the closest to Putney Bridge tube station but it's pretty cramped inside. The Larrick has an outdoors smoking area whilst the Temperance doesn't and has security on the door who won't let you take your drinks out. These are all really close to the entrance to the park and are about 20 minutes walking to the ground. Personal preference with those pubs is the Temperance because it does alright food, has big screens, is quite spacious and has a good selection of beers on.

Duke's head is alright too but that's a bit further down the south/west river bank and will probably be full of Fulham fans and/or yuppies.

Regarding food, Putney high street is your best bet if you don't fancy the pub. However Inside the park there's a gatehouse cafe which does burgers outside and there's also a burger van a few minutes into the park. Putney high street has all the usual restaurants and fast food shops. 

If you can't get a ticket in the Wednesday allocation then just buy a ticket in the Putney end. The home section there will be empty and full of Wednesday fans anyway. You'll be able to go where you want. Stewards don't give a sh*t.

Wouldn't have said its any more expensive here than other places in London really.

You're right but it does depend on the pub.

Depends what people want. If you want televised football, cheaper beer and an away pub go to Fulham. If you want somewhere nice and don't mind the price then go to Putney.

I hate that mindset where, on an away day or drinking session, theres this immediate aim to get to the nearest Wetherspoons.

"Cos it's cheap..."

I hate that but I don't know why, it's not like I have to join them.

A lot of our fans ( and I assume other teams fans ) will make the effort to travel and spend the whole day out for an away game, but find one pub that's cheap or conveniently located, stay there for several hours before kick off, then go back to the same pub after the game

Each to their own, but what a crap day