Fulham

Guest Retfordowl74

Guest Retfordowl74

Live 5 minutes from the ground.

Hope I can get a good deal.

Is it worth heading up Fulham way early on or stay in central London for boozers????

Is it worth heading up Fulham way early on or stay in central London for boozers????

There is a load of pubs in Putney and it does take time to get over. So I'd arguable say get over to Putney Bridge/Putney straight away. There are a couple of Wetherspoons - one near Putney station, one near Putney Bridge for cheaper pints. If that is what you are into. Otherwise Eight Bells is right outside Putney Bridge station then as you walk past that there are another 4 or so in line of sight. 

District line is a bit of a ball ache which I imagine you won't want to deal with at 2pm. I don't know where away fans usually go though. 

Edited by Russy

Guest Retfordowl74

There is a load of pubs in Putney and it does take time to get over. So I'd arguable say get over to Putney Bridge/Putney straight away. There are a couple of Wetherspoons - one near Putney station, one near Putney Bridge for cheaper pints. If that is what you are into. Otherwise Eight Bells is right outside Putney Bridge station then as you walk past that there are another 4 or so in line of sight.

District line is a bit of a ball ache which I imagine you won't want to deal with at 2pm. I don't know where away fans usually go though.

Nice one thanks for info, Ive read about eight bells somewhere else might give it a whirl

Overground train to Putney from Waterloo.Turn right out of station and walk down hill.Loads of pubs and couple of nice ones near river including The Rocket, Star and Garter and The Boathouse.Then short walk over the bridge to Craven Cottage.The Eight Bells gets rammed on match days.

What? A Wednesday fan who doesn't just go to the first wetherspoons they see and stay there for 6 hours?

I never imagined it possible

Steve you lovely man.

I'm staying the weekend at St Pancras/Kings Cross. What's the easiest and quickest way from there please?

Can you recommend a poncy type non-football pub near the ground/tube stops which will keep my snobby wife happy?

Then Star and Garter plus Boathouse which are near the river and might be alright. But you'll walk past a good 5 or so pubs on the way down.

Dukes Head also near Garter is alright.

This side of the river never seems to get football crazy, perhaps Coach and Badge might if there's a decent lunch time kick off. But think most go to Putney Bridge or drink central.

Steve you lovely man.

I'm staying the weekend at St Pancras/Kings Cross. What's the easiest and quickest way from there please?

Can you recommend a poncy type non-football pub near the ground/tube stops which will keep my snobby wife happy?

Victoria line to Vauxhall then overground to Putney. Turn right out of station and loads of pubs near river which are fine ie The Rocket, Star and Garter, Boathouse and Dukes Head.