Grade two Hamstring Injury - Lees

Guest Sheff Owl

Buxton will continue at CB because he is right footed and Loovens is left footed.

Dielna is left footed.

Gray want's to keep the balance.

Why not play palmer at centre half?

I'm not even joking. How the hell Buxton got a new contract when we got rid of Reda because of his injuries.

Often because the only reason players of their standard join us rather than better teams is that they are too injury prone for others to sign them.

Lee hardly ever missed a game for Oldham, and the same is true of Lees too.

Hutchinson's a different matter though. Mind, I don't think it's his knees keeping him out at the moment.

1. twinge (just stretching a few muscle fibres)

2. pull (enough pulled to restrict movement)

3. tear, two weeks out min.

4. complete tear - months out

5. snap - requires surgery

just using what knowledge I have, none of which is medical :duntmatter:

Can you convert these to the JJ scale of hamstring injuries? I.e. 1 Johnson-should be miraculously fit for a 2 match period coming up to contract renewal, 5 Johnson-out for remainder of recently signed 2 year contract extension and requires recuperation on a Jamaican beach

Guest JonTheOwl66

dunno what a grade 2 means.

worse than a grade 1? How many grades are there?

Three. It's fairly serious. Probably be 2/3 weeks if it is actually a grade two.

Grade 2 hamstring is 4-6 weeks out generally

There are officially three grades with grade 3 being a rupture but there are divisions within the grades.

A tear that is slightly more severe than a grade one but a mild grade two is obviously preferable to a severe grade two that's not a rupture

Guest Sheff Owl

Grade 2 hamstring is 4-6 weeks out generally

There are officially three grades with grade 3 being a rupture but there are divisions within the grades.

A tear that is slightly more severe than a grade one but a mild grade two is obviously preferable to a severe grade two that's not a rupture

I guess you're judgement on stuff like this is much better than most people on here but i just have a few questions?

Gray is hoping it will be days, is that even possible? He does say Lees is a quick healer.

He say's Lees has had a scan so wouldn't they already know they full extent/length of time out?

Scans can be misleading and often don't show the true picture. In terms of ruptures they are pretty accurate but for things like amount of myofibril disruption after a muscle/ligament tear they are not too reliable.

Also we scan players too readily IMO - we have the results and report from scans but we also have the clinical picture of how the player is on physical assessment. The two things can often be contradictory

No way will a genuine grade 2 muscle tear be days rather than weeks. I think 4 weeks is optimistic personally - but not out of the question.

Guest JonTheOwl66

The problem with hamstrings is you have to be careful. You can't rush back, you can't do lots of rehab, it's literally just a case of letting the body repair itself, then doing gentle exercise.

Even when the hamstring is feeling ok, it's usually not. 

Disappointing really. But better for him to get back to full fitness rather than rush him.

The problem with hamstrings is you have to be careful. You can't rush back, you can't do lots of rehab, it's literally just a case of letting the body repair itself, then doing gentle exercise.

Even when the hamstring is feeling ok, it's usually not. 

Disappointing really. But better for him to get back to full fitness rather than rush him.

You can (and should) do lots of rehab - but its also the type of rehab that is vital

It's why hamstring injuries used to recur so often ( Giggs, Owen) - because the rehab was all in a non functional way

The focus used to be on making the hamstring stronger but the emphasis was on a component of strength that wasn't applicable to how the hamstring actually worked. So the weakness got proportionally weaker as the strength if the other component of the muscle got stronger.

This made the hamstring more vulnerable - hence high recurrent rates