Would we have made more or less yesterday than a normal priced game?

As reading has said, it's not sustainable, it was a one off. That was with us playing well as well pushing for top 6... So you really think they'll still be coming back when we have a bad run? What do you do then when they don't, push prices back up for the regular walk up fans to make up the losses?

I still think they need to encourage advance purchases more. Once it gets to match day people make excuses, like i did for HJK yesterday. Get people to buy early but cheap to encourage people to attend.

Surely its better to have full houses like on Saturday than the sub 20k attendances we get often.

We could actually be a change leader in this field as other fans wouldnt sit back and accept it once one club does it

It isn't. That was a one off.

Even if prices were that for every game, you wouldn't get the same attendance.

You'd have to serve up better fare and quality than that, to attract consistently large crowds.

Saturday's game will probably have put people off - and, I'm not blaming our team for that.

It was a right bore fest.

I thought Saturdays game was a good battling game, too stop and start at times but with the penalty save and late goal I really enjoyed it.

for £10-20 people dont expect to see top quality football, its more about the experience and the togetherness

BUT when its full price its too much for the casual fan.

Loads of mates who used to be ST holders went on saturday, very jealous of them; as they felt it was good value. Thats what its all about to me, value. Sheffield is a poor city so we need to get people hooked at a price they can afford. Not many businesses would settle for a venue at half capacity like Hillsborough often is.

As said before we need a more fluid pricing model as used in the airline industry to get people to buy in advance with prices rising nearer the time and the busier it gets upto say a ceiling limit of £30.

Would fans rather be able to afford to go to matches now, or be priced out by the team budget being too high even if it means greater success on the field?

i just think the club needs to look at other revenue streams. Get people to the game, increase secondary spend in the ground and on merchandise, do they still do 50/50 draw tickets etc? 

Whilst £10 is perhaps too low to have every week it would be a good base to have a third of matches around this price upto perhaps a maximum of £20 for "big" games.

Lets create a demand for tickets, one that people need to buy in advance and one where they can afford to pay for mates/partners/kids to attend matches and get them hooked in the long run.

I still think they need to encourage advance purchases more. Once it gets to match day people make excuses, like i did for HJK yesterday. Get people to buy early but cheap to encourage people to attend.

Surely its better to have full houses like on Saturday than the sub 20k attendances we get often.

We could actually be a change leader in this field as other fans wouldnt sit back and accept it once one club does it

Sadly I think they would.  Just look at L**ds pricing, their fans still go regularly even though it's exorbitant.  It wouldn't matter a jot to them if we started charging half price because they don't want to watch Wednesday.

Just not bothered...

for £10-20 people dont expect to see top quality football, its more about the experience and the togetherness

BUT when its full price its too much for the casual fan.

Loads of mates who used to be ST holders went on saturday, very jealous of them; as they felt it was good value. Thats what its all about to me, value. Sheffield is a poor city so we need to get people hooked at a price they can afford. Not many businesses would settle for a venue at half capacity like Hillsborough often is.

As said before we need a more fluid pricing model as used in the airline industry to get people to buy in advance with prices rising nearer the time and the busier it gets upto say a ceiling limit of £30.

Would fans rather be able to afford to go to matches now, or be priced out by the team budget being too high even if it means greater success on the field?

I'd say plenty wouldn't mind not being able to go if it meant we got promoted - "can just watch 'em on TV then".  People have got out of the habit of going to the match, partly because it's too expensive and partly because it's changed from the matches they used to love (standing, farting, all blokes, smoking).

Just not bothered...

one team has to break the mould though. Its similar to say the airline industry. Big traditional companies such as BA with their old out of date methods needed companies such as Ryanair to come and shake things up, we as a club could be the change leaders in this.

£10 to most people is nothing, an hours wages BUT once you start getting over the £30 mark to watch 90mins of entertainment then its a problem as it then becomes more of an issue for consumers, as thats what 50% of our stadium capacity are.

Something has to change eventually and why cant it be us leading the way?

Yes sadly I understand why it wont be also but it would be nice

I thought Saturdays game was a good battling game, too stop and start at times but with the penalty save and late goal I really enjoyed it.

I thought it was boring. Very little goal mouth action - the second half didn't kick off until 4:10.

The game didn't finish until 5:00 pm. That was because of the inept referee and time wasting/arguing by the opposition.

I bet it was the last game to finish on Saturday with a 3:00 pm kick off. The only highlight was the win.

Turgid stuff - not for me thanks.

And, I'm not blaming us/Gray.

£10 to most people is nothing, an hours wages BUT

The minimum wage is £6:31 an hour. Due to rise to £6:50 on October 1st.

Who do the football authorities think football is targeted at nowadays?

A walk up price of £28:00 is ridiculous. Football will become a treat for some people at those prices.

Not a regular event. And, the end product isn't worth it.

(Thus I agree with your main point)

Most of the games are being streamed this season.

For a tenner, you could buy some tinnies, or get a KFC bucket, or do a Dominoes pizza offer. Then consume whilst watching the match.

You could be home in no time at all, instantly in fact, and get ready for a Saturday night out with the petrol money you've saved.

If the club let us in for free, and improved the onsite facilities with bars, restaurants, cinema, and the like, we'd all be at the match, then spending our time, and money, at the club's bars and cinema after the game. Then go home bladdered in the club's shuttle buses like they have at Disney.

Of course, it would mean moving to a larger site and developing it to the standards above.

But at least, I suppose, it would generate heated discussion on here about the ale to be served in the club bars, the types of pies available in the restaurants, the lack of Henderson's, and the price of popcorn at the club's cinema.

I thought it was boring. Very little goal mouth action - the second half didn't kick off until 4:10.

The game didn't finish until 5:00 pm. That was because of the inept referee and time wasting/arguing by the opposition.

I bet it was the last game to finish on Saturday with a 3:00 pm kick off. The only highlight was the win.

Turgid stuff - not for me thanks.

And, I'm not blaming us/Gray.

It was all the ref's fault and readings that there was no flow but still enjoyed it.

The minimum wage is £6:31 an hour. Due to rise to £6:50 on October 1st.

Who do the football authorities think football is targeted at nowadays?

A walk up price of £28:00 is ridiculous. Football will become a treat for some people at those prices.

Not a regular event. And, the end product isn't worth it.

(Thus I agree with your main point)

I know it wont be us but we are one of the poorest cities in the country, with 2 teams AND lots of local lower leagues teams plus the competition from the glory teams.

Something has to change. A tenner is a few pints, £30 is to some almost a days wages after deductions, its ridiculous.

Clubs seem to think fans will pay whatever they charge, and that perhaps is so but its the casual fans or the ones with little disposable income that they need to target. Its the same argument with the cinema, €15 here pp on a weekend when instead you could watch something online or tv or perhaps go for a pizza and a couple of beers, most people will go for the more social or cheaper option.

Things have to change and price is the key factor for people not attending, especially when they can go and something else for free or cheaper.

Edited by modboy

It would be nice if we could do this 3/4 more times this season, try and get some more casual fans back to hillsborough. For me who struggles with money sometimes it was great to get there again. 3 games so far this season and looking forward to watching more!!

It would be nice if we could do this 3/4 more times this season, try and get some more casual fans back to hillsborough. For me who struggles with money sometimes it was great to get there again. 3 games so far this season and looking forward to watching more!!

its the same with so many people i know. They want to go but not enough to pay £30 every other week.

They need to get creative with offers, eg could be buy 3 pay for 2 games or bring a mate for a tenner for ST holders and so forth. They are supposed to be professionals running our club, it cant be that hard to work out some offers to build on Saturdays attendance

The problem being if they did reduced tickets too often people will moan about paying up front for an expensive season ticket when it would have been cheaper to pay match by match.

I think £20 for adults is affordable & fair at this level.

Then abit of creativity with junior tickets & student tickets.

Say £10-15 for students.

1st child for £5 when bought with an adult ticket & £1 for 2nd & 3rd children.

You have to make it affordable for people to bring their young ones to games. They are our next generation & we have to get them supporting Wednesday rather than a Premiership club.