One for the boo boys

Guest Barney's Bar

I'm guessing you've never played the game at any decent level?

Why knock a players confidence during a match. You're only working against your own side potentially.

This....never Boo and never leave before the Final Whistle.

Simples.

Chris Morris.

The only time I've booed one of our players is if I think they're not trying.

There's no excuse for that; it's basically thieving money out of the fans pockets.

Names like Sibon and Carbone come to mind....

But I'd never boo a player for just being inept or out of their depth.

What's the point?

Guest Old Salt

John Sheridan.The stick he got in the game against Oxford at home in 1990/91 was absolutely merciless, but a few weeks later that completely changed and the rest is history. :biggrin::biggrin:

I remember it as Swindon,,, but i might be wrong.

Edited by Old Salt

I think it harks back to a thread from early last season when booing was all the rage and the debate was whether to roundly applaud and thank Jay Bothroyd for even considering playing for our club and turning up to take a wage off us and helping us to become a harmonious winning machine.

I have never booed a player during a game as I agree that it isn't helpful but Bothroyd was seemingly a completely different kettle of fish, walked into a winning side, changed the complexion and approach of the team and was seemingly undroppable.

I have faith that Stuart Gray will not allow this to happen with Drenthe and he will have to earn a place in the side.

Stuart Gray gets paid a Greggs corned beef pasty and a sausage roll each week. He does as he is told.

No, Shridan got dog's abuse.

Remember when he scored and ran up to the kop and gave everyone the rods.

No, I don't remember that and I don't believe for one second that it happened. I was stood very close to the goal at the front of the kop when he put that free kick in against Blackburn (night match?). He ran to the kop but didn't make any gestures (arms by his side as I recall). The only one who made any gestures was Carlton Palmer. He had one arm around Sheridan and he was pointing at Sheridan's head, while he looked up at the kop as if to say 'look who's scored, you w*nkers'.

I remember it vividly but I have no recollection of Sheridan's other goal that night. I assume it was at the lep end.   :rolleyes:

For the record, I was also on the kop for the Oxford game. He had a stinker that day and I think it was a stray pass that prompted 'some' booing but I wouldn't call it dogs abuse. There were plenty of us on the kop that were shouting down the boo boys too (probably made it sound worse).

I know it's not the most reliable source but this is taken from Wiki and refers to Royston:

"However, he also suffered from anxiety issues after being booed by the club's supporters during a 1–0 home win against Deportivo de La Coruña and did not feature for the club for a period, although manager Juande Ramos offered the player his support and insisted he would help him.%5B6%5D The manager later revealed that the player asked not to be picked for the three games after the Deportivo fixture."

I hope some of our less patient fans cut him some slack when he's having a bad day at the office and refrain from booing our new man gary megson .

he was only a youngster back then he,ll be well used to it by now ...... if a seasoned pro lets some idiots booing upset him then i think he.s in the wrong career.