Apology to the academy

My lad had interest from a few clubs when he was younger but in the end he was just above average for his age at that time.He didn't really have what it takes to make a living from football.

Clubs probably wont skip and jump for joy to get an 8 year old in their club because its too young an age to really tell how much potential they have.

But glad to hear our academy isn't crap :)

The Pigs just pester and pester the parents and kids. They took one of our players last year and decided to offer him a trial on the same day that we had a cup semi final. The cheeky feckers then had a cheek to send a scout out to our semi final to have a look at our other players. As you can imagine, he got sent packing with a few choice words ringing in his ears.

So your dilemma about sending your son to the blunts academy was about quality of the academy: our rivals excellence of our crap. But the difference doesn't exist now. So will he be moving to our academy?

I don't know where you stand on the Ched debate, but maybe your dilemma should be about whether you want your son involved at a club where it is rumoured that a convicted rapist will soon be employed.

Guest Fedor

So are you saying that the Scrubbers don't do it through the proper channels?

lol

The Pigs just pester and pester the parents and kids. They took one of our players last year and decided to offer him a trial on the same day that we had a cup semi final. The cheeky feckers then had a cheek to send a scout out to our semi final to have a look at our other players. As you can imagine, he got sent packing with a few choice words ringing in his ears.

Had dealings with them too. I have nothing good to say about Mark Grayson.

His usual trick is to invite teams down to play there academy team on their terms, and then try to poach the best players.

He then has the kids in tears at training.

Guest _Ibbo_

Think swfc use goodwin quite a bit now don't they on the start of the art 3g they have. Thetop pitch is excellent and has a feet of sand for cushion. Used as a sales pitch as well by the company for PL sides.

That's why I've appoligised

The last incident was last month but that seems to be down to a misunderstanding rather than bad management.

How old is the lad?

Don't you want to give the players a chance to progress?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Think swfc use goodwin quite a bit now don't they on the start of the art 3g they have. Thetop pitch is excellent and has a feet of sand for cushion. Used as a sales pitch as well by the company for PL sides.

James stop pretending you have knowledge.

Had dealings with them too. I have nothing good to say about Mark Grayson.

His usual trick is to invite teams down to play there academy team on their terms, and then try to poach the best players.

He then has the kids in tears at training.

Yeh he did that with us initially. Best about it they offered the lad in question a place in their academy and 12 months later he's back with us cos they don't want him vvankers 

Thats how it works

Club gavea 12 month deal - it didnt work out this time

Maybe his time will come again - maybe not. That's football

You should be proud that pro clubs want to take your players

Clubs can't stop kids leaving for academies - and nor should they want to

Guest _Ibbo_

James stop pretending you have knowledge.

That's because I've seen them train on it... on my way into work. Also I know people who run the pitches...

Guest Big Guns

thats the trouble with these accademy coaches they thimk its a rule to act like a fanny to the kids use them dont like them roger them off big clever ruthless men 

tail tugging tuggers most of them