Apology to the academy

Guest Deleted member

I also thought we received an award for the most improved academy or something? 

We did. And both our Academy and Uniteds are grade 2

thats the trouble with these accademy coaches they thimk its a rule to act like a fanny to the kids use them dont like them roger them off big clever ruthless men

tail tugging tuggers most of them

It's easy to blame the coaches their the front but unfortunately it's the nature of the beast if he (not very good child) was put infront of 20k at hillsborough and wasn't very good he'd be murdered (not literally hopefully) it's their job to find the 1% in the country and unfortunately that means civing through the other 99%

Guest Big Guns

It's easy to blame the coaches their the front but unfortunately it's the nature of the beast if he (not very good child) was put infront of 20k at hillsborough and wasn't very good he'd be murdered (not literally hopefully) it's their job to find the 1% in the country and unfortunately that means civing through the other 99%

so they shud act like flaps to kids then ok

Guest AbbeyOwl

so they shud act like flaps to kids then ok

Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child.

How come the most un pc poster has become the most pc, or is it just the old alternate view for an argument act. Doesn't that get boring????

Guest Big Guns

Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child.

How come the most un pc poster has become the most pc, or is it just the old alternate view for an argument act. Doesn't that get boring????

nope just dont like seeing dicks acting high and mighty if they dont no how to let kids down without acting like a fanny then they shouldnt be anywere near them

heard too many stories of how they drop them theres a way to do things 

but if your into bullying kids thsts up to you

Guest AbbeyOwl

nope just dont like seeing dicks acting high and mighty if they dont no how to let kids down without acting like a fanny then they shouldnt be anywere near them

To be fair in football there are lots of let downs even if you succeed, being dropped, new manager not liking you, being sold, being released, some people deal with it better than others. if you cant take the odd letdown and come back from it stronger football probably isn't a career for you.

Guest Fedor

To be fair in football there are lots of let downs even if you succeed, being dropped, new manager not liking you, being sold, being released, some people deal with it better than others. if you cant take the odd letdown and come back from it stronger football probably isn't a career for you.

Do you ever wonder why our national team is failing miserably and rapidly going downhill?

Guest AbbeyOwl

Do you ever wonder why our national team is failing miserably and rapidly going downhill?

Because kids in our country prefer to play on ipads as opposed to kicking a football like the kids in Sao Paolo do.

Guest Fedor

Because kids in our country prefer to play on ipads as opposed to kicking a football like the kids in Sao Paolo do.

Or maybe they nurture their kids and treat them with respect. Where as most of our kids are bullied out of the game at 8, 9 and 10 years old.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Or maybe they nurture their kids and treat them with respect. Where as most of our kids are bullied out of the game at 8, 9 and 10 years old.

So you think the street kids of Brasil are nurtured and treated with respect? Kids are not bullied out of the game at 8,9 and 10 years old, thats just made up rubbish.

Guest Fedor

May I just add that I have seen the Man City academy and I expect big things from them eventually. Yes the money and pulling power they have is a huge advantage, but they have some very good coaching staff who have the kids eating out of the palm of their hands. Their methods are very good too, it's not all about winning at an early stage.

Guest Fedor

So you think the street kids of Brasil are nurtured and treated with respect? Kids are not bullied out of the game at 8,9 and 10 years old, thats just made up rubbish.

It's not made up at all.

I've worked at academy's in the past (medical team not coaching) and you are spot on BG no question. 

Some of the things I've seen and heard are cringe worthy a lot of people with big egos constantly looking over their shoulders for the knife in the back that eventually comes unless the can get in first.  

Guest Fedor

Not gonna put names on here other than Mark Grayson.

My lads team have two players who refuse to train with them anymore and one is an out and out Blade. I know of many other examples but you obviously know better.

Guest Fedor

I've worked at academy's in the past (medical team not coaching) and you are spot on BG no question. 

Some of the things I've seen and heard are cringe worthy a lot of people with big egos constantly looking over their shoulders for the knife in the back that eventually comes unless the can get in first.

Wonder if Abbeygail thinks this is made up rubbish.

I have nothing good to say about Mark Grayson.

His usual trick is to invite teams down to play there academy team on their terms, and then try to poach the best players.

He then has the kids in tears at training.

Its not a trick Fedor, this is a part of why all academies play Sunday league sides. Openly discussed with managers before hand.

I've very recently pulled my 8 year old from Shirecliffe and turned down potential opportunites at other academies. There are tougher coaches down there than Mark, who was always fine with me and my lad.

Its a tough regime at Shirecliffe, but the training is excellent and professional. My lad wasn't ready for this. However some lads clearly are.

My lad however is so much happier, now he's back in Sunday league, but one day this may change.

I want to bring up a well balanced nice lad. IMO having him in any academy set up, would have made this harder. Its a very competitive environment - not suited for all, and not forced on anyone.