Disgrace to the Champoinship ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Not my words may i say, but did anybody else hear the guy on Radio Manchester saying exactly that about Wednesday shortly after the final whistle went.

Unfortunately i cannot find it to listen back to, but he basically said we far too over physical, using every trick in the book  and did nothing but try to stop Wigan playing their superior  pleasing on the eye style, with tactics that did nothing for the good of the game, adding something along the lines of hoofing the ball up the pitch was our only consistency.

Their Radio guy must be so lucky having to watch that style, in that ground, and in that superb home atmosphere all the time :rolleyes:

It's appalling that we didn't let them keep the ball and kept tackling them to get it off them. Shame on you, Wednesday.

I wonder if they've ever gone a goal down at home to Forest, Charlton or Derby - then they'd see what a disgrace to football really is.

Guest intercity0wl

I didn't think we hoofed it at all to be honest ?

Same here, a few put your foot through it from the back when that was what was needed, but if anything i think we played a few extra passes at times, when a quicker ball was the better option

Not my words may i say, but did anybody else hear the guy on Radio Manchester saying exactly that about Wednesday shortly after the final whistle went.

Unfortunately i cannot find it to listen back to, but he basically said we far too over physical, using every trick in the book  and did nothing but try to stop Wigan playing their superior  pleasing on the eye style, with tactics that did nothing for the good of the game, adding something along the lines of hoofing the ball up the pitch was our only consistency.

Their Radio guy must be so lucky having to watch that style, in that ground, and in that superb home atmosphere all the time :rolleyes:

Yeah, we're well physical....

post-31796-0-42781400-1394706959_thumb.p

Manchester journalists have never been objective.

Remember some of comments after we beat Man Ure in the League Cup Final.

Apparently it "was not as if we were that good".

Lancashire has a real chip on its shoulder. Its main city, Manchester, tries to rival itself with London, where is falls short in every aspect (as much as I hate London).

Guest Fedor

My big problem with Martinez (other than his rushes of blood to the head), is that he never looks to throw or roll the ball out. It's the first thing Kirkland looks for. Martinez always ignores the available players, waves everyone up field then kicks it. His kicking is not his strong point either.

Much prefer to build from the back.

Edited by Fedor

I was just listening on Wednesday Player, but the stats at half time were something like 10 fouls from Wigan, 2 from us. They'd got 2 bookings to our 0 (one of which should obviously have been a red). The second half evened it out a bit though, I think Gray probably told them to go out and throw their weight around a bit more to match Wigan's style.

Guest JohnFantham

Their number 14 should have been booked for a second time and sent off, the ref let so many of their fouls go and the keeper should definitely have walked.