Window opens today-how exciting

Wednesday are trying to get a CB in before midday.

But what about the two strikers? Haven't we been told that Wickham will be needed at Sunderland for the next three weeks? That's an awful lot of games, and potential points for us to play for, and we need a threatening strike force

But what about the two strikers? Haven't we been told that Wickham will be needed at Sunderland for the next three weeks? That's an awful lot of games, and potential points for us to play for, and we need a threatening strike force

I agree, I've only been told about the efforts being made for the CB though .

You look at the fixtures this month and it could be a season defining month. 6 tough games crammed into one short month. If we come through those unbeaten, we'll pretty much be mid table and in the draw for the quarter finals of the cup. We will need a competitive squad if we are to achieve that, which certainly means we shouldn't be relying on three inexperienced strikers to see us through.

Guest zico sterland

Gurjuan if we come through the next 6 games unbeaten it will be a miracle.A scrappy 1-0 win against 9 men Barnsley hardly sets me full of optimism . Yes we have improved but we are not world beaters 6 points from the 6 games maybe realistic anything else a bonus.

Guest Willie Henderson

You look at the fixtures this month and it could be a season defining month. 6 tough games crammed into one short month. If we come through those unbeaten, we'll pretty much be mid table and in the draw for the quarter finals of the cup. We will need a competitive squad if we are to achieve that, which certainly means we shouldn't be relying on three inexperienced strikers to see us through.

Yes this is true but it's Wednesday we are talking about, be prepared to be disappointed again on the striker front !

Edited by Willie Henderson

Because he's unproven at this level and we need a proven goalscorer Also, as you say, he's gonna be a bit rusty so maybe a spell at a league one club to try and get him up to speed. Would be delighted if a focused Gary Madine was part of next seasons striking options

The thought of Madine turning it on for another club would really gall me. I'd prefer us to assess his fitness and see how he looks in training and practice games. If he's as up for it as his recent press statement (via his reps.) indicated then I'd like to see him eased back in with us. If it doesn't pan out then might be the time to loan him out. We do need someone in as well of course. Edited by Dagmeister

Gurjuan if we come through the next 6 games unbeaten it will be a miracle.A scrappy 1-0 win against 9 men Barnsley hardly sets me full of optimism . Yes we have improved but we are not world beaters 6 points from the 6 games maybe realistic anything else a bonus.

I agree with you, but that's the challenge. It would be nice to go for it instead of meekly accepting that we aren't good enough. If we get the strikers in that we've supposedly been trying to do for a season and a half, then we'd have a fighting chance of coming through the month unbeaten. Even with our defensive problems, if we only had the strikers, we could give the opposition more to think about. Yes, it was sketchy against Barnsley, and probably Millwall and Rochdale too, but that's why I don't want us to push our luck. Gray has proven he's up to the challenge, give him the tools to do the job.

Guest zico sterland

I think our ambition or spending has been shown by the loaning of Afobe , he is a million miles away from first team football at Arsenal and has never set the world alite on any of his loan spells. I do think with the impetus and momentum Grey has brought we will be ok this year but realistically about 18th in the league is the best we can hope for. Until a takeover happens there will be no real investment at s6.

Edited by zico sterland

I think our ambition or spending has been shown by the loaning of Afobe , he is a million miles away from first team football at Arsenal and has never set the world alite on any of his loan spells. I do think with the impetus and momentum Grey has brought we will be ok this year but realistically about 18th in the league is the best we can hope for. Until a takeover happens there will be no real investment at s6.

As i understand it, Huddersfield rated him quite highly

I agree with you, but that's the challenge. It would be nice to go for it instead of meekly accepting that we aren't good enough.

Unbeaten in ten games suggest otherwise

Give it a rest ffs

Guest zico sterland

So you think someone who has got 7 goals in over 50 appearances spread over 4 seasons is what were looking for Bunny.His record at Huddersfield was 5 in 28 hardly prolific. We are short of goals and Afobe wont be the answer so why bring him in ? This club is slowly moving forward performance wise but theambition of its owner and financial backing just isnt there, We need investment or every year will be a relegation fight and in the end you drop as we did under Dave Richards.