How Long Is Reasonable?

Guest GreenGoose

Have visions Milan at home and same as us saying “I don’t rate any of the shower being linked”

You got macula degeneration or summat?

How long is a piece of string?

I say why not maximise the honeymoon effect as long as possible, if we can get 2 honeymoon periods then it may just save our season

The honeymoon was over last night, until the game was called off in the 59th minute.

One up front, and the occasional scamper forward from 2ft 3 Kieron Lee is not good enough at home.

Neither is the constant playing of ***, who gets worse with each game he plays.......

Guest wilyfox

Milan will probably give him as long as possible. It's clear he wants Gray to fill the void for him now. I wouldn't give him it unless he proves his worth over 10 games.

Have visions Milan at home and same as us saying “I don’t rate any of the shower being linked”

Thing is, there are decent managers available ... just not interested in this sh*t job.

Clarke, Holloway, Mackay (Cardiff wouldn't turn down an approach), Di Canio, Jol ... There are also a few decent prospects at lower division clubs 

So it's more a case of our club being too sh*t for the managers, rather than the managers being too sh*t for us.

How long is reasonable? We were stood in the downpour just in front of Wednesdayite car park, as we do before every home game, when Radio Sheffield announced the team selection. At that moment I thought that it was never going to work, and it was time for Gray to go.

Home game, lone striker, midfield three, two of whom are totally devoid of pace, mobility and passing ability, and the third one (Lee) who's a really willing worker and does a terrific amount of work, but can't be expected to carry the other two.

So it proved in the game. Semedo and Olofinjana trudged through the midfield, and the fact that it was a mud heap made no difference, because regardless of conditions that's what they do every game, too slow to get up to support the lone striker, and if they do struggle to the final third, when the opposition break, they're way too slow to get back to help out the defence.

My mind was finally made up for good this morning, when I heard his interview on Radio Sheffield. he apparently had a go at the players at half time for not attacking, and then brought two players on who actually are attacking players. Is he totally thick? That team was set up to keep hold of the point we had at the start of the game, and for him to blame the players for not attacking was ridiculous.

The longer he's in the job, the less chance we ever have of escaping relegation.