Negativity

Guest SW1992

Guest SW1992

Why doesnt everyone just calm down a little.

We lost a cup game and id rather we be a panic stations and have a good kick up the arse now at the start of the season rather than mid way through the season.

Were getting a squad together and losing a game in the manner we did in the cup at the begging of the season is much better than losing in such manner in the league around christmas time.

so all of you get your finger out your bum and calm the flip down.

lol  :milan:

Exactly what I put in another thread

We started the season well last year

How did that end for us?

Likewise Palace had a shocking opening to last season, I think their first win (and our first loss) was against us. Now they're in the premier league. It's good that at least these issues are dealt with now early on so we can use the transfer window if necessary instead of being foooked in October looking to stop the rot.

Guest SW1992

I wouldnt say im glad we lost because id love to go unbeaten all season and romp the league.

but losing in the cup, to tinpot oppositon with a dreadful performance isnt acceptable and the players will have learnt that and they appear to know it, but id rather get that out the way now and give them a kick up the arse, a b0llocking and get us back on track.

everyone losing their heads, is ridiculous!

Why doesnt everyone just calm down a little.

We lost a cup game and id rather we be a panic stations and have a good kick up the arse now at the start of the season rather than mid way through the season.

Were getting a squad together and losing a game in the manner we did in the cup at the begging of the season is much better than losing in such manner in the league around christmas time.

so all of you get your finger out your bum and calm the flip down.

lol  :milan:

Get a grip ?

See the bigger picture ?

Stop knee jerk reactions ?

Show some patience ?

We didn't become a bad team overnight ?

Milan and Dave know what they are doing ?

There is a long way to go ?

We can still make the Play-offs ?

We are 3 players short of being a good team ?

Back the boys ?

Trust Milan ?

Dave Jones is the best Manager outside the Premiership ?

Look what happened when we splashed the cash the last time ?

Spending money is a recipe for disaster ?

It's just the cup ?

Its the league that matters ?

We'll be ok once the injured players come back ?

Lita and Sharp will save us ?

Madine will come good ?

Have I missed any ?

Likewise Palace had a shocking opening to last season, I think their first win (and our first loss) was against us. Now they're in the premier league. It's good that at least these issues are dealt with now early on so we can use the transfer window if necessary instead of being foooked in October looking to stop the rot.

I absolutely agree.  The one concern I have is that Jones can make tactical tweaks but he may not have the funds to bring in new players if he needs to. 

As someone stated in another thread, Jones seems to have his hands tied in terms of recruitment. 

So when does losing matches stop being acceptable?

No one ever said it was acceptable, just that it's early in the season and there's still time for things to change.

If MM really sacked DJ today like some people are calling for, would that do any good? We'll have to pay a huge sum to get rid, which means less money for buying players, and all the pre season preparation goes to waste.

Yeah the calls for the manager to be sacked are ridiculous but people are blind if they think we are equipped to make any sort of inroads in this division. Sure we might be bring in a couple of top class midfielders and perhaps a proven goalscorer, then maybe we could be a little more optimistic. However, we can only really comment on the here and now. Two games, two defeats is not the start we wanted.

It will come good I believe. One problem is that Maghoma and especially Nuhiu are haing to do there pre-season whilst actually playing competitively. Another is the injury situation re the full backs. I'd like to see a decent championship experienced central midfielder though another striker appears to be the priority.

Guest SW1992

Yeah the calls for the manager to be sacked are ridiculous but people are blind if they think we are equipped to make any sort of inroads in this division. Sure we might be bring in a couple of top class midfielders and perhaps a proven goalscorer, then maybe we could be a little more optimistic. However, we can only really comment on the here and now. Two games, two defeats is not the start we wanted.

Defeat 1 - premiership opposition/poor officiating

Defeat 2- shambolic performance, which all at the club no isnt acceptable and wont happen again

keep your head, we have 3 more weeks of transfer activity to progress the squad and more performances like the QPR defeat and we'll be steady mid table!

I agree, but there's no depth in our squad and the formation hasn't worked yet go 4-2-2-2 for me on sat and get a striker & mid in desperately.

Jj will pick up in jan wen he needs a new deal but until then Antonio and Maghoma or buy someone who can give us some service brunt like rather than a racehorse who's like lightening but can cross a ball to give us some balance

But then again it's a game of opinions lol

I agree, but there's no depth in our squad and the formation hasn't worked yet go 4-2-2-2 for me on sat and get a striker & mid in desperately.

Jj will pick up in jan wen he needs a new deal but until then Antonio and Maghoma or buy someone who can give us some service brunt like rather than a racehorse who's like lightening but can cross a ball to give us some balance

But then again it's a game of opinions lol

Sounds quite narrow for a team devoid of full backs...