Dave Jones interview

Guest mrjoe96

Guest mrjoe96

He says "I'm glad its august 6th and not may 6th"

That statement says it all really.

Its from the article on the website.

Jones is working with his hands tied at the moment - it's clear Milan isn't spending and it's clear we are in talks with one (maybe more) parties interested in taking over. 

There isn't a need to panic this early on in the season - he needs support from Milan and he needs a central mid and striker as soon as possible. 

These are Jones's players, he has picked them to play the way he wants them to play.

Last night the players looked as if they had never played the game before, so I ask, wtf have the coaches& players been doing through out the pre-season?. It looks as they do not have any idea how to defend  or attack corners/free kicks & throw in's, the basics.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

That comments followed his comment on "there's still work to be done". Therefore, he's suggesting that it if it was the 6th May then the work which needed to be done wouldn't have been done, and therefore we would be still making the same mistakes and would have been making them throughout the season. 

In essence, he's saying that this will not carry on!

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

He says "I'm glad its august 6th and not may 6th"

That statement says it all really.

Its from the article on the website.

Why?

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest intercity0wl

These are Jones's players, he has picked them to play the way he wants them to play.

Last night the players looked as if they had never played the game before, so I ask, wtf have the coaches& players been doing through out the pre-season?. It looks as they do not have any idea how to defend  or attack corners/free kicks & throw in's, the basics.

These are Jones players in as much as they are what he has been able to bring in with the dribs and drabs of cash he has been allowed to use as bait now and again. We wont compete with most sides at this level financially, so is it any wonder we struggle to compete on the pitch. 

You think we're unique in that from time to time we'll put in a bad performance? It happens. We don't have to be happy about it but there is perspective to be had.