Team for Burnley..

Guest UpTheOwlsss

So what you are saying is, Llera is too slow for left back, but Semedo is a good choice for right back?

Is he Usian Bolt?

No but he's faster than llera

Guest Milan da man

442 at home please

Kirkland

Palmer Gardner llera healan

Maghoma prutton coke Antonio

Tony nuihiuiui billy sharp!

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Not saying he would be a good left back for the long term, but right now we need to stop shipping goals, Im not thinking to use him as the sort of left back that overlaps up and down as hes not fast enough like you say, but he at least will win his headers, has a good left foot and is a solid defender. We need to keep it tight at the back and have a chance of winning games 1-0 like we did towards the end of last season.

Semedo used to play right back for Charlton and has played there before in his career, imo he would be much better defensively than young Palmer.

Agree with the semedo bit

Like I said not a bad shout to have him there

Has decent pace and is obviously a good defender

Also very good at winning cheap free kicks

Not sure on llera left back

I know semedo isn't bolt but he's quicker then llera

And I think a back four of

Semedo zayatte Gardner llera

Is too slow

Think helan should go there but after you explained it I can see logic in llera being there

+ he is a threat at set pieces

Agree with the semedo bit

Like I said not a bad shout to have him there

Has decent pace and is obviously a good defender

Also very good at winning cheap free kicks

Not sure on llera left back

I know semedo isn't bolt but he's quicker then llera

And I think a back four of

Semedo zayatte Gardner llera

Is too slow

Think helan should go there but after you explained it I can see logic in llera being there

+ he is a threat at set pieces

Yeah well to be honest we both know its not ideal having either Semedo or Llera at full back, just cant believe our luck with the full back injuries. :sad::angry:

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Yeah well to be honest we both know its not ideal having either Semedo or Llera at full back, just cant believe our luck with the full back injuries. :sad::angry:

Reda is always injured :/

But the other 3 are ridiculous

Guest UpTheOwlsss

How long is Buxton out for?

2-3 weeks

Reda unlikely to be fit for Saturday

^from rob staton

How long is Buxton out for?

2-3 weeks

Reda unlikely to be fit for Saturday

^from rob staton

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

We need to loan in a couple of full backs for a month or two.

Get a proper centre-midfielder to take the game by the scruff of the neck and get a proven goalscorer in.

Till then we'll scrape by with a lack of quality and a lack of depth by trying to hit teams on the counter-attack with our pace.

But falling short because of defensive frailties highlighted by our full back situation and the soft/non-existent midfield that can't cover the defence.

Tricky situation, hard to see who we can bring in on our budget to improve things but there are too many gaps and weaknesses in our first team at present.

The QPR game showed what we're capable of but without adequate cover for the full backs, enough quality in midfield or upfront, we're going to find it tough going to grind out our way towards our first points, till a few loanee's or new signings come in.

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

I would play eleven farmers from Felixstowe cos that lot  out there tonight were a disgrace to the shirt

But why is no one picking MADINE?

Neil will have you, making him a scapegoat, tut tut.

So what? He says he's happy to play anywhere if required. This must mean he is confident he can? No?

Every player is happy to play anywhere, Kirkland would play up front if asked too. Liams a young lad too, he'll play anywhere if it means getting game time.