Madine in his way out

Guest JonTheOwl66

Madine is poor. Doesnt attack balls in the box., his movement is poor in and out of the box . Looks like he lacks desire.

Owlstalks resident fool knows best

this is the thing we wont just have 2 strikers!!! we will have Antonio, Maghoma and JJ who could all play up front if needed. Plus the new lad and Maguire. I would like to see Madine given another season and a run in the team to prove himself and I also believe Maguire has potential too. i would love to see Lita come in but if we sign zayatte I doubt we will be able to afford another striker unless we shift someone out which judging by the squad numbers would be maguire first...

Madine as any striker needs quality service until he gets that he will be under pressure  look at who is supplying the strikers as your main fault ,you can't score if you have nothing to work with ,strikers will thrive on quality balls into the box ,or will struggle if the opposite happens there in lies the main problem

I thought Madine looked well up for it last night. Iv been a critic in the past but if he sticks his nut down he's worth havin in the squad. If he got a chance and bagged a couple I think we could see a proper striker emerge.

Obviously lacking confidence but its no wonder if he spends his time reading owlstalk.

He got another chance against Rangers didn't he? Had some good chances to score. One thing he's not lacking in is confidence. Do you not think that he could be suffering from over-confidence in his own ability?

Madine as any striker needs quality service until he gets that he will be under pressure  look at who is supplying the strikers as your main fault ,you can't score if you have nothing to work with ,strikers will thrive on quality balls into the box ,or will struggle if the opposite happens there in lies the main problem

madine doesn't have the work ethic of a championship "one up"  striker...

you need to work your *ackers off up there on your own...

and he's a bit of a drifter, and even a lightweight sometimes (the ease with which he go's down)...

he has to fit the forcefulness, and aggression that he has in and around the alehouses of sheffield, onto the field of play...

Lita didn't do too bad though. You'd be happy if a striker (Lita preferably) carried on his form for us into next season.

Edited by Babushka1867

Guest Fedor

Owlstalks resident fool knows best

Resorting to name calling Jonny.

Is this because I have exposed your lack of knowledge and the fact you have never played football?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Resorting to name calling Jonny.

Is this because I have exposed your lack of knowledge and the fact you have never played football?

lol

No, it's cos you're a fool

i actually think Mcguire is a better ball playing footballer then Mad dog..

not sure on Wednesday night if Madine had been told to hang back a bit when we were bombing down the wings but for me his positioning for crosses and ability to sprint for the ball is diddly squat..

I'd keep him for the moment, but the fact he's still here doesn't mean he will be come the start of the season though.

DJ would be foolish to let him leave, be it on loan or permanent, with so few replacements at the ready. As soon as we have better, I'd let him move on.

If his attitude and application on the pitch hasn't improved over the summer, it'll be another season of 'Oh ffs Madine' from me.

Didnt he get offered to go out on loan last season and turned it down?

He did, but he wanted to fight for his place in the team during that last month or two I suspect, a longer term loan deal would be more beneficial than a couple of months in my opinion.

Guest TonyOwl88

Why is it that people winge endlessly if we sign players over the age of 25, but also complain and engineer stories about our U25 players leaving. Can we not develop talents like Madine? He scored 18 goals in a season where we gained promotion largely due to his goals. He has it in him. 

Looked like a real player against Barnsley last season.... and if we're honest, he didn't have a massive run of games to get himself acustomed to the league. 

Does anyone remember Grant Holt?

The only way I'd like to see Madine leave, is on loan to a Championship/League One club if he is not in DJ's immediate first-team plans. 

The thing with Madine is that fans treat him as a target man, mainly because of his size. He's not a target man, he's a finisher who can use both his head and feet to score goals.

I'd love to see him playing alongside Nuhiu, who actually is a target man to sit deeper and link up play before bursting into the box. For me Madine would be in competition with Lita (if we get him) as our poacher, using Madine as a target man isn't playing to his strengths as a very good quality finisher.